US mail forwarding services - who do you use and how happy are you?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US mail forwarding services - who do you use and how happy are you?

Any good or bad experiences with particular mail forwarding service providers? We're moving to HK at the end of June and I'm looking at PMI and U.S. Global Mail and trying to decide between the two. Don't see any real difference in services offered other than price. Any other reliable companies? All tips are welcome!

Jao: I literally was about to post the exact same question and I too am moving at the end of June. In addition to the two you found, I've also come across USA2ME and Mail Network. One advantage of Mail Network is that it has multiple locations, including addresses at the city where I'm living at right now.

Sorry I can't be of much help but hope someone can share with us their experience.

hi applefan,
    i think we ran into each other on another thread about appliances and voltages.
    thanks for the tips - will definitely look into those other 2 companies as well.
    how are the rest of your preparations going for your move? i imagine we're walking through similar processes so it might be good to buddy-up and share tips with each other.
    have you found a place to live in hk? we'll be living at residence bel air (pokfulam/cyberport) and we have a daughter who'll be in 1st grade at hkis. we're moving from charlotte, nc.

Everything is OK?

This is bizzare! I'm moving from the same town, Jao! Let's definitely compare notes and maybe meet up before we head out! I have no idea where I am going to live yet although Bel Air is one of the places I'm considering. Redhill is another possibility. I'll send you a PM.

Anyone know if these mail services are cheaper/faster than just having someone forward your mail?
    I was thinking ofchanging my address to my parents' house and having them forward all my mail and reimbursing them. But it occurs to me that these places might have some sort of cheap bulk-mail rates.

I don't want to have to keep changing addresses. From my research, the companies don't offer better bulk rates. Afterall, they have to make some money on administrative costs. If you have someone who can do it for you and you can rely on, I'd do that route. For me, it's not an option. My family actually doesn't live in the U.S. My sister does but she travels a lot and will also be moving in the next year.

My parents like to send us stuff anyway and when they move they can mail us on my dime, so I'll go that route.
    Thanks for the insight.

Sleuth, I envy you. Like applefan, I have no family in the US to throw that kind of stuff on. At least with these mail forwarding services you have the option to view what you've received (sender's name, address, weight of letter/package etc.) and choose to discard it if you don't need it. That will save somewhat on the shipping costs...

I hadn't really thought about all the junk mail--which is strange because it must be well over half of the mail. Guess my parents can also weed that out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast