shipping air vs sea

Closed Thread

shipping air vs sea

Hi everyone

I am moving to HK and want to know if anyone has experience with personal belongings coming by sea or by air, I am coming from Australia and wondering if there are any problems in collecting the boxes.
    Do I need a customs brocker for clearance at both airport and seaport, and if so does anyone have any contact details for them.

Thanks

Hire a company that is door to door and don't even deal with customs. Just have it arrive at your house customs cleared and be done with it. There are many companies listed on this site.

check out www.jetta.com.au. Its au$85 in fees, then $4.10 per kilo, and it will arrive in Hong Kong in 5-7 days

Its easy to get stuff into HKG ... so just go for a reliable company in AU which can give door delivery service ..
    Well if it was frm India, I could have helped out as thats one of our products ...

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions, makes sense to me, door to door sounds good. Sorry for the late reply busy packing.

I've used http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com for stuff from the UK to HK, and I know someone who used them for Aus to HK and we were both extremely satisfied with the door-to-door service.