Lamma or Lantau or anywhere else?

Closed Thread

Lamma or Lantau or anywhere else?

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of moving to HK with small child, working in Central but living on one of the islands. Question is which one? I've been to Lamma and it seemed kind of small and isolated. Does anyone have any advice on where to live with a one year old?

Cheers

Rufus

Whats your budget like? Pokfulam, Happy Valley and a number of other areas are pretty family friendl.

Not much

Probably be around 10,000. I've also heard that park island is quite nice?

R

Last edited by rufus; 17-05-2006 at 07:18 PM.

If your budget is HKD10,000, Park Island is not bad.

Discovery Bay is good (there I go praising myself again!).

Thanks

Hey thanks for the info.

I guess I'll have to look when I arrive.

Do you happen to know how do people get all their stuff to places like Lamma? Do you have put all your belongings on the ferry, or will shippers provide delivery to the islands?

Cheers

Rufus

Lamma is pretty cool to hang out actually. it is kinda like a small town and yea, it is isolated and the ferry is not 24hours. Sometimes, u even need to wait for 1 hour for the next ferry.....i had this experience...The ppl there is nice and u cant find those big chain stores there - not even a chain big supermarket.

Even there are just 4-5 train stations from Lantau to Central, but actually it will take u about 45mins.

Tsing Yi is v good esp u work in Central. The environment is good and new. short distance to Central, very convenient.

TKO is also good too.

check this out, this is about renting apt in hk:-
    http://www.gohome.com.hk/english/home.asp?

Thanks everyone you've been really helpful. The housing site has given me a good idea of costs and areas.