Like Tree30Likes

HK govt announced to allow private mainland Vehicles on our roads WTF!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

I wasn't directing my response to you Dread. It was for GATTS benefit, who doesn't acknowledge which country he lives in...

I will spell it just for his benefit.. WE ALL LIVE IN C H I N A

Anyway, we all have millions of opinions, if you dont like driving here in Hong Kong, I suggest you never move to an Australian populated city centre, you will last 2 seconds on the road there, via road rage, being tail gated, or your drive'rs side window smashed, by some drug phugged moron at the next set of red traffic lights, just because you overtook them...

I like driving here, safe as houses, even if a tiny percentage of mainlanders share our HKG roads..

Last edited by Skyhook; 28-07-2010 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    I wasn't directing my response to you Dread. It was for GATTS benefit, who doesn't acknowledge which country he lives in...

I will spell it just for his benefit.. WE ALL LIVE IN C H I N A
    No kidding! You don't seem to understand, so let me clarify. We live in China, which is divided into different territories, and different cultures because of historical background. Thats why, if you would have read my post a bit more clearly I outlined "Mainland China" and "HK SAR" .

That is also why we don't need any extra drivers, and especially were the concept of traffic lights is not the same as here. I have lived in the Mainland for 3 years, FYI, and I can't tell you how a challenge it often was just crossing the road.

I like driving here, safe as houses, even if a tiny percentage of mainlanders share our HKG roads..
    There is less road rage in Hong Kong yes, but the ability to safely negotiate the roads is seriously lacking. I can deal with that. However, road traffic in China is outright dangerous, and if enforcement there weren't so bleeding hopeless, I wouldn't be debating with you on this issue. I would like you to acknowledge poor enforcement of road safety regulations on the mainland. Until that changes, no amount of spot fines imposed in Hong Kong will keep our roads as safe in the future as they are now.

What is now a tiny percentage of mainlanders will soon turn into the majority, like you said yourself (to which I agree). Let us assume that ticketing may deter repeat offenders, but road deaths can and do occur in incidents involving first-time offenders too.

My point is this - no number of road deaths in Hong Kong, involving first-time OR repeat offenders from the mainland, will make this gummint overturn the decision to permit LHD cars from the mainland to ply on Hong Kong roads.

So would you cut this whole 'you lot are prejudiced against mainland Chinese because they are mainland Chinese' line of thinking please? My prejudice against mainland Chinese drivers is not without reason. They are NOT welcome on our roads.
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 28-07-2010 at 12:25 PM.
    Gatts likes this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    like the 1st of August 1997...
    What was special about the 1st of August 1997?

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    What was special about the 1st of August 1997?
    Nothing, except we were "celebrating" one month in the grip of the motherland.

i bet we will get a lot of this : D [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb3ZllUJgVM&feature=related]YouTube - 目擊者行車影像記錄-震撼連連的行車驚險影片 2(加長版)[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by kokoyashi:
    i bet we will get a lot of this : D
    Looks like Taiwan, isn't it?

That is exactly what I was thinking.

& here's another compilation of what can happen to HK's road

**WARNING: some scenes may be groose**

Last edited by mengfei; 29-07-2010 at 01:06 AM.

Skyhook: Wait till the borders between Shenzhen/Lowu and HKG are removed entirely, then you will have a decade of adjustment to enjoy...

I have a sneaking suspicion that most of you would have moved to other nations by then, like quite a few did in 1997

You are absolutely, goddamn right about that, at least...

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast