Anyone with experience with Asian Tigers or Asian Express?

Closed Thread

Anyone with experience with Asian Tigers or Asian Express?

I was given a choice of either one of the two moving companies for the HK end of my move (the US end is handled by someone else). Has anyone had any experience with either company and anything I should know about??

Thumbs up Asian Tigers

I have just received my shipment from Asian Tigers and they were fantastic. They arrived on time and worked until 7.30 pm to fiinish the job in a day. They arrived - built me a 'desk' from boxes and wheeled every box past me for me to check it off and direct it to the room where I wanted it. They brought me water and even offered to get my lunch when they went for their own.... They were fast and tidied up everything. They left some boxes of books as we did not have a bookcase to put them in yet and when I have unpacked I can call them and they will come back and collect the cardboard.... The PR woman came to see how things were going and brought a bottle of wine as a moving in gift anbd halfway through the day the operations manager called round to see that everything was going well.... is that enough info !!! would definately reccomend them.

i had a good experience as well

Not as fancy as Janet, as my place is a small flat, but i had destination services provided by Asian Tigers after a move from Australia back in October. Very professional in terms of their destination services - although it's not clear exactly if you are moving to HK, or moving from HK - although i'm assuming the former.

The crew I had was local cantonese though (as one would expect mind you). Although the team lead could speak adequate english, the other member of the crew couldn't - you might want to make sure not only the lead can speak english, but the entire crew can - just to make sure if you have special instructions for packing/unpacking your fabrege eggs you want to be able to communicate with them. Not sure if you can request such a thing from the movers, but worthwhile having a go.

For destination services they included full unpack, set-up, removal of goods. They bring carpets in to make sure they don't scratch the hardwood/laminate floor you have, and tools to set-up things like your bed or sofa or what have you. They were relatively flexible with delivery dates, although they could only do mine during the work day. They were also quite good in keeping me up to date with respect to customs clearance. My sea shipment was a good two weeks late from OZ, but that wasn't their fault.

No wine, or gifts or anything from my end, but they sent me some invitations also to some expatish type events they've run afterwards too. I moved into a 600sqft place, so it wasn't a big move, so perhaps not much they could have messed up.

Thanks so much for the feedback!! Sounds like Asian Tigers it is. I'm moving from the US to HK. Janetw, I can't believe they got you lunch as well!!

Well, I did not take them up on the offer as they were off to macdonalds!!!......they volunteered as they knew I was waiting for a tv to be delivered and would not be able to get out. As with cbc they put carpets down etc ... also only two guys could speak english but it did not cause any problems. the only things that was damaged in the whole move was a dustbin that was dented and we had a delivery of 244 packages/boxes.the delivery took exactley 4 weeks door to door from the UK.

When are you moving applefan ? Good luck !!

Janetw: I just called to schedule the move and will be using Asian Tigers on the HK end. I'm moving the end of June and really hope that my stuff would arrive in 4 weeks! Thanks again for all the info.