Sha tin?

Closed Thread

Sha tin?

[COLOR="Magenta"]I am moving to Hong Kong with my partner mid August. One of us has a job at KGV and the other one at Sha tin college. Where would be a reasonably lively place to live? What is Shatin like to live in? How far is Sha tin college from a train station? We both don't want a commute longer than half an hour!![/COLOR]
    Would be grateful for some suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Arabella:
    [COLOR="Magenta"]I am moving to Hong Kong with my partner mid August. One of us has a job at KGV and the other one at Sha tin college. Where would be a reasonably lively place to live? What is Shatin like to live in? How far is Sha tin college from a train station? We both don't want a commute longer than half an hour!![/COLOR]
    Would be grateful for some suggestions
    Not sure where KGV is, but nowhere in Sha Tin is more than 10 or 15 min walk from a station. Sha Tin extends from the New Territories/Kowloon border up to the Tolo Harbour. The south part is surrounded by mountains so suffers from the heat in the summer, but the plus side is that you don't get the pollution that plagues the western part of HK. It is a little quieter than Kowloon and Central HK. A lot of long term expats live in the area so you can find pubs and friends aplenty. Lots of "villages" that are convenient, where you can live in a house and not an apartment. This also makes it the most expensive place in NT to live. It's ideal if you are working in the NT or Kowloon. I moved up here a couple of years back having lived HK side and Kowloon and I sure as hell wouldn't move anywhere else! But of course I am a little biased now!

KGV should be in the Kowloon Tong area, in which case, you'd be pretty close. Lived there for a couple of years...was great except for the fact that if you live up on the mountains, it's a real pain to go anywhere.

Shatin College is on a hill in Fo Tan (assuming it hasn't moved since I last lived there). While it is not impossible to walk from Fo Tan station, it will probably be a 30 minute walk. I believe there's a minibus from Fo Tan station that would take you there.

KGV is easy commute from Shatin

I used to live in Shatin in "Prima Villa". My friend lived in "Castello" and worked at KGV. "Castello" has a shuttle that takes you right to the KCR station and off to work you go! Both Prima Villa and Shatin are comfortable living enviroments: club house with pool(s), gym, steam room, sauna, tennis courts, etc. I loved living in Shatin at the time since I worked in Kowloon and the commute was easy.