Salary/ rent. How much should I spend?? Sharing a flat??

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Salary/ rent. How much should I spend?? Sharing a flat??

Hi All!!

Well, my question is simple... I'm moving to HK from Paris at the end of June and I'll work near the University in Sha Tin for an electronics company. I've been a couple of times in HK but still I'd like to have a clearer picture about rental budget.
    How much money should I consider for a flat per month if my salary is 30K HKD ?? My idea is to live near my companie's building (15 minutes). Could you give me some ideas on nice places to live near HK university?? Near Science Park Avenue in Shatin New Territories.... The budget that I have in mind goes from 5K to 10K HKD for non roomate flat and 3,5K to 7K for sharing it.

I'm 26 yrs old guy, from Argentina (yep, faaaar away from Tsim sha Tsui....) and working in Paris since 2002. I'll be working in the telecom industry for a huuuuge brand.
    I'm interested on sharing a flat also, so please dont hesitate to contact me!!!!

Thanks

Alan

Any ideas??

go to gohome.com.hk and look at the flats there.. no one can really give u an idea of how much u shld spend without knowing wat u will like in an apt (area, new apt or old apt, furniture/fittings etc)

And seems like quite number of members live in HK or Kowloon i think?

Quote Originally Posted by alancymber:
    Hi All!!

Well, my question is simple... I'm moving to HK from Paris at the end of June and I'll work near the University in Sha Tin for an electronics company. I've been a couple of times in HK but still I'd like to have a clearer picture about rental budget.
    How much money should I consider for a flat per month if my salary is 30K HKD ?? My idea is to live near my companie's building (15 minutes). Could you give me some ideas on nice places to live near HK university?? Near Science Park Avenue in Shatin New Territories.... The budget that I have in mind goes from 5K to 10K HKD for non roomate flat and 3,5K to 7K for sharing it.

I'm 26 yrs old guy, from Argentina (yep, faaaar away from Tsim sha Tsui....) and working in Paris since 2002. I'll be working in the telecom industry for a huuuuge brand.
    I'm interested on sharing a flat also, so please dont hesitate to contact me!!!!

Thanks

Alan
    Hi Alan,

You might want to take a look at the link below. These are serviced apartments, so everything is covered. The place is Ma On Shan in New Territories. Its quite a nice area to stay, but its nothing like the down town feel. Its close to the science park.

http://www.horizonsuitehotel.com/eng/index.html

Ma On Shan is not near Science Park at all. Actually it's on the opposite bank of Shing Mun river, with no bridge between so the distance is quite far. I suggest u rent the place in Tai Po, only 1 KCR stop to University. The place is quiet, near park so a lot of fresh air, and better as rent is quite cheap, compare with other places in Shatin. Hope this can help.

http://www.kcr.com.hk/html/eng/servi..._map/index.asp

If ure salary is 30k u might end up spend abt 5k-7k/mnth depending on ure size reqrmnt,bearing in mind that u are single.
    if ure married maybe abt 10k n above...
    some one had posted abt sharing a apt at HORIZON sometime back,SHA TIN the place is quite good..if u can strtch a bit maybe u can rent by your own.

Just look at the apartment in Shatin because it allows you to reach most of the places in HK conveniently. You may try to look at the flats in Shatin City One because they have different sizes of flats, so that you just find the rental flat fit your budget.

Ck123 suggestions are good.

BTW, your budget is not too bad to rent a flat without roomates, but it depends how big / quality of apartment u are looking for.
    Rate like 5.5K-7K can have somewhat +50sqm/sqm to +70sqm/sqm apartment...

erhmm...the thread is over 3 years old!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast