Like Tree6Likes

Travel between Central/Pokfulam

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Travel between Central/Pokfulam

Hey guys,

Hoping someone could help me figure out transport to work. I just got a new job in Pokfulam, however I currently live in HungHom...so no matter what I know it will be a big journey, but hoping to find the quickest way as my start time is 8am.

I am thinking take a ferry over to central, and then hopefully a bus from central to Pokfulam. Does anyone know a bus or express bus and around how long it takes? Any help would be muchly appreciated!!

Last edited by SimoneF; 28-06-2010 at 12:40 PM.

Citybus & NWFB - Members of Chow Tai Fook Enterprises and NWS Holdings - Interactive Route Search

107P looks possible. Check it out for yourself, as I don't know what bus stop is close to you.
    SimoneF likes this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Which part of Pokfulam? E.g. QMH, Cyberport...

Could also check out the 30X - goes from Exchange Square (under IFC, quite handy for the star ferry) to Cyberport in about 20 mins or so - just depends where in Pok Fu Lam you need to get to, as stops may not be convenient for you.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Also depends where in Hung Hom the OP lives. If near the MTR station, he/she could take the MTR to Austin Road and catch the 970X.

SimoneF likes this.

107P is from Laguna Verde to Cyberport. But it is a special that only runs in the morning about 4 times a day.

107 (without the P on the end) runs from Kowloon Bay, through Hung Hom, to Wah Kwai (which I believe is just on the southern side of Pok Fu Lam, towards Aberdeen).

Again it depends on where in Hung Hom and where in Pok Fu Lam you are trying to get to.

Last edited by bdw; 28-06-2010 at 02:20 PM.
    SimoneF likes this.

Thanks guys,

I didnt realise there were so many stops in Pokfulam, the school is on Wah Fu road, I am able to get to an MTR pretty easily so I could try the Austin Road route?

Take the 170 from the Hung Hom tunnel, it goes to Wah Fu.

SimoneF likes this.

Another possibility - the 170 stops at Hung Hom station, and goes to Wah Fu - not sure how long it would take in the morning though, as I have only travelled the other way, and spent a pleasant(?) Saturday afternoon in Causeway bay traffic. Might take too long compared to other options.
    Also depends where in Wah Fu Rd, as different buses would be better for different parts - eg Kellett school is at the Pok Fu Lam Rd end, giving you the added option of buses going through to Aberdeen (from Central/Western district), but not all Aberdeen buses would be covenient for the estate school.
    Maybe best to narrow down the possible journeys, and give them a go.
    I believe the web site shows you where the bus stops are, so definitely worth a look.
    970X/MTR may well be quicker - just watch out for the 970 though, uses the same bus-stops, and takes quite a bit longer than the 970X !
    Good luck, and enjoy your new job!

SimoneF likes this.

oops - maybe I took too long typing that!

Last edited by pudcat; 29-06-2010 at 07:59 AM.
    SimoneF likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast