Moving to HK and Looking for housing

Closed Thread

Moving to HK and Looking for housing

I'm moving to HK in late March to take up a job posting. It's on local employment terms so no housing package. I'm looking to rent a furnished 1 room flat with kitchen . Preferably near a MTR Station . My budget is around HK$5K-HK$7K .

My office is around Quarry Bay and i don't mind taking the MTR to work. I know my rental budget is not alot but i hope to be able to find something resonable

Appreciate any help i can get .

I can be contacted via email : [email protected]

Hey Speedy,

At about 5-7K your options are fairly limited around the MTR. Do keep in mind that there are several transport options including busses and trams which can get you into Quarry bay as effectively and sometimes cheaper than the MTR.

You may want to look into Causeway Bay / Wanchai / North Point or areas like Heng Fa Chun etc. Best to start doing your research online on gohome.com.hk / centanet.com AND http://www.ypmap.com (excellent online map with bus routes etc).

Thanks for the replies. I've been doing alot of searching on the net on HK rentals and do find some places which are within my budget. My company is providing temporary housing for the first month so i should have better luck when i'm in HK .

Any advice on what i should look out for in the rental contracts ?