rental agents for DB

Closed Thread

rental agents for DB

We are planning on coming out at the end of May to look for an apartment in DB, to move into at the end of July. Can anyone recommend some rental agents that I can contact, as I am not having much luck with agents replying to me. Also we have around $35K amonth to spend, will we get something reasonable for that in DB?

Talking

DB? where's that?

[edit]

Oh... nevermind, I know.

Last edited by lazarus; 09-04-2004 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UK sam:
    We are planning on coming out at the end of May to look for an apartment in DB, to move into at the end of July. Can anyone recommend some rental agents that I can contact, as I am not having much luck with agents replying to me. Also we have around $35K amonth to spend, will we get something reasonable for that in DB?
    You can try posting on DB's community site... you'll have no problem getting a nice place for $35K in DB!

http://www.dbfleamarket.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

Quote Originally Posted by lasez:
    You can try posting on DB's community site... you'll have no problem getting a nice place for $35K in DB!

http://www.dbfleamarket.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl
    Thanks for the community site info, it is very helpful.

UK,

we just got back from looking at DB last week. great place, you'll love it.

Centaline Property agents: 2987.8484 www.centalist.com
    Midland realty: 2987.2888 or 2987.8899 (one's a fax, but it doesn't say which) www.midland.com.hk
    Kaman Properties: 2987.7611 www.kaman.com.hk

we got a place in Siena one right next to the new club for $33K. We used Kaman (Liza Chow) and they were very helpful.

take care,

JP

Quote Originally Posted by JPMeaney:
    UK,

we just got back from looking at DB last week. great place, you'll love it.

Centaline Property agents: 2987.8484 www.centalist.com
    Midland realty: 2987.2888 or 2987.8899 (one's a fax, but it doesn't say which) www.midland.com.hk
    Kaman Properties: 2987.7611 www.kaman.com.hk

we got a place in Siena one right next to the new club for $33K. We used Kaman (Liza Chow) and they were very helpful.

take care,

JP
    Thank you for the info on agents. We have spoken to Victor at Kaman, (they were the only agents that got back to us after emailing them) and they have been very helpful. As you said that you have just come back, when are you moving out there, as we were wondering what the situation is regarding holding properties, ie, do you pay a holding deposit for a limited amount of time or do you start paying full rent straight away. Also do you have any children, if so did you look at the schools. Sorry to bombard you with so many questions, but it would be great to have some imput from some one in similar situation. Thanks

we're stuck in this nebulous state of my wife's company not commiting to when we'll be going until 2 weeks before we leave...joy. they've agreed to start our lease on May 1 whether we're there or not...we hope to be though.

we never had to get into any conversations about holding properties...the people in the one we're moving into don't move out till late April, we got lucky. sorry i can't be more help on this.

i will tell you that the lady that we spoke to at Kaman said that this is their really busy season as most expats with families (like you) need to get a place now so they can move in in the summer and secure a place at the schools for their kids...don't know if that's a good thing for you (lots of leases ending around this time) or a bad (quick turnover could make it difficult to find the perfect place from nearly half a world away).

Thank you for your helpful reply. On reflection my husband is trying to go out to take a look at the end of April, as one of our biggest concerns is schooling. I hope that you and your wife get a moving date soon, as I know how fustrating it can all be.

regards.

A good place to research school offerings is

http://www.classmateasia.com

I have been given a great book that answers all these questions and it has a website- www.settinup-hongkong.com