Like Tree3Likes

Mobile Phones

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Mobile Phones

We are an Aussie family moving to HK for two years In January. What is the story with mobile phones? We are not big users in Australia but our mobiles will be our only phones in HK initially. I noticed PCCW cards for sale at 7-11s and similiar. The call charges seem extraordinarily cheap by Australian standards. Is there a catch or are they cheap? Any recommendations?

Yes, mobiles here are extremely cheap. If you are here for two years, then you can get an 18-24 month contract and you will get thousands of free minutes and SMS every month. I suggest you will never need a fixed landline at all.

People calling you from overseas will pay the same rate whether they call a HK mobile or HK landline. Also, with an IDD service like Three offers, you can pay an extra HK$48 per month for unlimited international calls to 23 countries (including Australia) from your mobile. So why would you ever want a landline?

TonyDev likes this.

Remember though that the Unlimited call deals are only to FIXED lines in Australia, UK etc (fixed & mobile in USA, Canada, China, Singapore).

TonyDev likes this.

Re:

I want to buy a new mobile any recommendation

I say go for it.

Stoob likes this.

iPhone 4G. Best of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDev:
    We are an Aussie family moving to HK for two years In January. What is the story with mobile phones? We are not big users in Australia but our mobiles will be our only phones in HK initially. I noticed PCCW cards for sale at 7-11s and similiar. The call charges seem extraordinarily cheap by Australian standards. Is there a catch or are they cheap? Any recommendations?
    the catch, cheap calls and tarriffs, not so cheap phones

Quote Originally Posted by hoburto:
    iPhone 4G. Best of the best.
    Says who?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Nothing else comes close.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    not so cheap phones
    That rather depends - if all you want is a solid phone that makes calls and texts then they cost about HK$250, which is hardly a lot.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast