Hong Kong Rent

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hong Kong Rent

How much should I expect to pay for rent for a nice 1 or 2 bedroom apartment in HK?

Anything from HK$4000/month to HK$100,000/month depending on your definition of "nice".

Thanks for replying....well that's quite a range. I'm looking for something in modern facilities, maybe a gym, pool, etc. Centrally located. Likely unfurnished. Thoughts?

What would you pay for a house with 4 bedrooms, 2 car garage, big yard in North America? got the picture?

Quote Originally Posted by bay326:
    Thanks for replying....well that's quite a range. I'm looking for something in modern facilities, maybe a gym, pool, etc. Centrally located. Likely unfurnished. Thoughts?
    That probably narrows the range to about HK$12,000-HK$100,000.

How big? View? Location (or commuting distance from where? commuting how?)

Not looking for something huge. 1 or 2 bedroom but want really nice and safe (single girl - mid 30s). Ideally a high rise with all the amenities.

I'm thinking HK Island vs. Kowloon....no clue where my office would be yet.

Any particular neighborhoods to recommend? I've only been to HK once before and am not even there yet!

I think we'd all like to help you but please be a bit more specific. There are 2 bedrooms that are 400 sq. feet and there are ones that are 1400 sq. ft. Pretty much everywhere in HK is safe. All square footage quoted in HK is gross square footage, net is only about 80% of gross if you look for newer buildings with amenities.

You'll probably find a decent place for starting around $10000 a month, and goes way up from there depending on amenities.

Thanks everyone....I'm thinking somewhere between 800-1200 square feet. I'm in the process of negotiating with my company so I want to be able to secure enough $$ to cover the pricey costs in rent vs. what I'm accustomed to in the US.

make it 25.000 or 30.000 and you will land something already not bad on the HK Island side.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast