What happens if i don't return whithin months

Smile What happens if i don't return whithin months

Hi Emigra! I am a permanent resident in Hk now. I was wondering since I am leaving next month, what happens if I am unable to return within 12 months.
    Do I forfet? Also I still have the old ID card is that a problem? Ty Kathy

Emigra

hello

Your status only changes to 'right to land' after you have been away for 3 years or more. Of course it is best to change your ID to the new one when it is your time you can check when it is on the government website so you know when to come back.

Question Ty for the reply

Hi I think my time to change is soon 1960. But don't think there is time before I leave. What exactly is right to land? Also in my passport the sticker reads ( does not need a visa if returns within 12 months. Ty Kathy

Emigra

hello

Right to land is basically one stage down from that of permanent residency. You have the right to land but are not a permanent residenct of Hong Kong because you have been away for an extended period of time that likely suggests that you are not using Hong Kong and your permanent place of residency.

The main two points is that you cannot claim welfare and you are not allowed to vote.

Red face ty

ty for your help

You can claim for welfare??? Got any info? Links etc?

Emigra

hello

Not on hand, should not be to hard to find something on the net.