Expat in Hung Hom

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

i just moved in at harbour place, hung hom. very quiet here, as only about 30 % of all flats have been occupied, so far.

I have been offered an opportunity to head a new branch office in HK for small company. I main concern is that I have 2 kids. Since we are not there yet, it is difficult for me to register. Also, I was told by ESF that I need to be on waiting list even if I have narrowed down which school I want them to attend. I am very worried about this because I do not want them to miss school at all.
    Anyone with kids and would like to give me some pointers? How are the kids and have they become more comfortable about the move? Did you have a hard time finding school?
    My kids should be going to 9th and 4th grade in the States if we were to stay behind. However, when I inquired about the int'l school in HK, they told me that my kids will be applying for 10th and 5th grade for the yr of Setp 2009. I am very concerned not only for the space (which is always on waiting list), but also the level, if they can catch up, etc. Also, because I have not moved yet and do not know where we are going to leave, I am not sure which school to apply.
    How is the Int'l school in Hung Hom? Convenient to Tsim Sha Tsu?
    Also, if anyone can give me an idea about the income tax issues. Being an American citizen, and also HK born resident, will I be double taxed?
    Thanks for your help.

Harbourfront and Harbourview,

I am moving to Harbourview this coming week. I understand they are using induction stove thus one needs special induction compatible pots and pans. I was wondering whether where i can get one and whether anyone has a used one for sale? thanks, KH

Smile

You may not need to get new pots and pans -- it's best to first check with what you have. Generally if a magnet can stick to your pot, it's OK for an induction cooker.

Hi, I know its an old thread but was wondering who still lives in Laguna Verde, I just moved back there from 4 years ago still one of the best places to live in Kowloon I think