IDD rates and services

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IDD rates and services

I have been using zone1511, for my IDD services, is there anyone who uses a different carrier/service, that is inexpensive and easy to use.

Thanks

Kervin

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location
    Quote Originally Posted by chikakeru:
    I have been using zone1511, for my IDD services, is there anyone who uses a different carrier/service, that is inexpensive and easy to use.

Thanks

Kervin
    Try IDD1507....don't know if they're cheaper...but worth a look http://www.ectelecom.com/english/index.html

IDD1609

I am using IDD1609. Not sure if it is the cheapest but the quality is good. Anyway, they have list out all IDD rates on their website so is easy to make comparison. Hope it helps :>

I tend to chop and change and follow the best promotions as they happen. Best for me at the moment is 1968 but have used 0030, 0060, 0080 before. I'm sure I will change again when better deals come up!

I use 0050 $19 250 mins package.. it's been great..

Quote Originally Posted by chikakeru:

Thanks

Kervin

SOrry if this is a really thick question, but how do you find these services to sign up to them? eg do I just google IDD 1968 Hong Kong, or do they have a name for each service?

Thanks!

Essentially yes.

I'm still currently happy with Skype for the Philippines (because it's so expensive on any IDD operator), IDT1529 as my primary for other countries, and PCCW 0060 as my backup.

PDLM

Thanks. I've had a look at the IDT1529 but notice they won't actually tell you what the rates are until you've registered! I don't suppose you can remember what the rate is for UK mobiles and landlines can you?

Calling from a HK Mobile it's HK$0.18 to UK landline and HK$1.98 to UK mobile. From a HK fixed line it's HK$0.38 and HK$1.98.

Some of the rates are visible without registering here: Unbelievable 24-hour IDD flat rates

Both 1529 and 0060 charge in whole minutes, but 0060 in addition then rounds up to the next 10 cents, which 1529 doesn't. Note also that IDT1529 sends you your bill either mid-month or at the end of the month (depending on when you sign up) and then charges your credit card 14 days after they send the bill, giving you time to query anything with their customer service (who are very good, although I've never had a billing error). 0060 actually charges your credit card about 2 days before they send you the bill, which I regard as really quite dodgy business practice.

You have PM re the referral bonus

There's no charge for registering with these IDD services, so you might as well sign up for 2 or 3 so that you can use the one with the better rate for each route and have some backup if one is having problems.

In fact with IDT1529 you get a $28 credit to your account just for signing up, so that's 2.5 hours of free calls from HK mobile to UK fixed.

Last edited by PDLM; 08-10-2009 at 05:37 PM.

I also use 1511. Here's a hint if you don't already know it: you can adjust your settings/profile so that whatever call you make automatically goes to the cheapest provider at that moment. This means I get lists of anywhere from 10-20 overseas calls a month and rarely pay more than about HK$30 for the list, not for each call. Apart from Skype, which can be useful but not always convenient, it's hard to imagine anything cheaper than 1511. Good luck ...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast