Sha Tin?

Closed Thread

Sha Tin?

Hey there people! I am moving to siu lik yuen in sha tin for three months in June. i would love to hear your opinions! the building's name is the Castello...anyone have any advice/hints on where to go out in the evenings, what the general vibe is like...Any info would be much appreciated...i am 23 British, will be working in Central and also Tuen Mun...i am getting ready for the commuting! :-)

Hi fellow Brit,

well I'm looking for Shatin info too, we may be moving there in the summer..... I've mailed a thread on the 'everything else' board so keep an eye out there for replies..... Heard it's quite nice, greener than the island etc!
    Good Luck!

deleteduser

It's nice out there, some parts of it actually look like China. It's definitely greener than the Island, but opinion of "nicer to live..." is up to each individual. IMO, ANYwhere is nicer to live than the Island

Hey there,
    Biqueboo - i guess u r probably living here now!! Give us a buzz if u wana hang out!

Its great living in Shatin. Although not much late night life (drinking & dancing)happening here since theres more local in this area. U basically just chill, relax and enjoy being away from the busy town! New town Plaza is good for shopping too.

Transport is so convenience here u will have no problem communting to other places.

i live nearby , am living in tai po .. lets go cylcing from Shatin all the way to Fanling.

Another Brit here living in Sha Tin in Tai Wai area. Been here a good while so got general feel of the place. Shopping and transportation is excellent and nice to be away from HK side and experience real HK life. If you're looking for a place for a drink go to the Railway Tavern in Tai Wai, it's where a few of the expats hang out especially at weekends. Just a quiet little bar but cool for a chat and a drink. Other than that you're not to far away from anything, so nights out in TST and HK side are well within reach!

jaykay