Does anyone know any good and relaiable mover in HK?

Closed Thread

Does anyone know any good and relaiable mover in HK?

I am looking for a good mover moving from Happy Valley area to North Point mid level. I tried a local mover here before and their service sucks. Can someone help? Thanks.

Hello, we just moved aprtments with Sinolion. Our friend recommended them and they were good, they wrapt our furniture in plastic etc and brought a team of guys as we wanted them to pack our stuff as well. They are not dirt cheap but definitely not expensive.
    The rep comes first and counts your furniture and gets your instructions, then gives a quote the next day. But we had a hk pal there to translate because the rep's english was average/simple and we anted to explain about the more precious stuff. The head guy of the moving team's english was also limited but we were fine by ourselves.
    If you check them out its, 'Sinolion' King Win Factory Building, No. 65-67 King Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong.(852) 2172 7217, www.yp.com.hk/sinolion
    Forgotten the name of the woman we dealt with.

try Prudential Movers

I have used them in the past and found them to be great. Friends have used them for moving overseas and were happy. Am actually using them again next week for my move. Here's their website:
    The company rep who handles your area of HK contacts you within 1-2 days; makes an appnt to view your belongings and then give you a final quote. Fast, careful and efficient; not the cheapest but, I think, do a very good job! Be happy to give you more info you wish.
    Good luck!

Last edited by rani; 02-11-2006 at 08:46 AM. Reason: website is wrong

I am moving from CWB to Hung Hom in Jan. I've never hired movers before. Can anyone give me some indication on the cost? (I live in a small 600sqft flat with about a dozen piences of furniture - sparse)

Cheers!

Gita,

You posted the website for Cinema.Com,

thanks rani!

sorry about that. please try this one:

http://www.prudentialmovers.com/services.html

Try Reliance Packing and Moving (http://www.rpm.com.hk), which was recommended by a co-worker. I used them to move from the Island to Sai Kung about a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mangowood:
    I am looking for a good mover moving from Happy Valley area to North Point mid level. I tried a local mover here before and their service sucks. Can someone help? Thanks.

Can anyone give me an idea of what their move within HK cost. I want someone to pack everything and move it. About a dozen pieces of furniture plus clothes, books etc. Moving from HK Island to New Territories.

Of course I will get a proper quote but just have no idea, are we talking 5, 10, 15 or $20,000 - I need to consider it when deciding if moving is worthwhile.

Hiya re- costs, we had the typical small furniture for two people, about a dozen items, lots of books and clothes (yes, the boys said I had alot of clothes and shoes). The mover, Sinolion, came before and added up all the pieces for the quote. Without packing it was $ 4200 with packing it was $4800. We had a book shelf and bed and they took them apart and put them back togther again.

I really recommend taking a packing option, it saved SO much time, especially with cutlery etc. But one big note is that they do NOT unpack your clothes, cutlery and books into your new place.
    We moved within HK Island and they thought it would take halfday but they actually finished at 3pm, there were no extra charges though.
    Our quote would have been a thousand or more less, if we had a lift in the old apartment. They had to carry our things down five flights of stairs!

Brilliant thanks this is exactly what I needed.