what to ship from Toronto?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    deleteduser

The router should be DC voltage, which means it comes with an AC/DC adapter. Most of those are dual voltage. If not, it's easy to get a 220v that has the required DC voltage of the router

Thanx for the information~~~
    Well buying adapter to transform the voltage really suck..i guess I will have to buy alot of electronics in HK and abandon the ones I already have...

Comfort food are Chocolate Chip cookies from President Choice..the ones that come in the brown packaging...can't find in HK...and Lays BBQ chips haha....

vitamin probably will bring.....
    toothpaste..I think its cheaper in Toronto...
    cosmetics and skincare products..depend on the brands asian or western...might be cheaper to buy from Sasa or bonjour.....

My main problem right now is finding a place to live...

deleteduser

Oh DEFINITELY bring along any vitamins or other health supplements! They are RIDICULOUSLY expensive here.

Regarding finding a place to live; head to a serviced apartment where you can stay for a week or so while you find a permanent place.

Toothpaste???

You guys are taking the piss aren't you?

fiana,

Lowlight is right, it really depends on the equpment, just check if it takes 110-220 and then all that's required is a (cheap) adapter for the physical plug. Otherwise tranformers can be used, they also come in useful for those "water goods" from Japan which are 110.

In any case the electronics here are *so* much better than at Future Shop!

Oh, and depending if you wear contact lenses or not, a bottle of solution here is ~40-50HKD.
    As for toothpaste, I must have got the same advice as you, I brought a shedload over as well years ago, and I'm still going thru it!

Btw, toothpaste is cheaper in Thailand. We stock up on toothpaste and brushes everytime we're there.

Wow this site is just a well of information!

I suspect one of the reasons for the contact lens solution is that most people here use daily disposables as far as I can tell (which cost about US$1 per day per pair).

And how much do you guys spend on toothpaste? I guess (just buying Colgate in Wellcome) I spend about HK$70 a year. So you are prepared to go to all the hassle of shipping it from Thailand or the US to save, what, HK$20 per year?

Bizarre!

Last edited by berryplucker; 10-06-2004 at 09:09 PM.

deleteduser

Exactly.. Even if toothpaste is 3X the price, over the course of an entire year it's not going to make much of a difference.. I go through like... 1 tube ever 6-8 weeks?

Things like the Biotherm I mentioned is something worth packing. Or if you have a favourite brand of hair product that isn't available here, you might want to look into that... But really, the less you pack, the easier the move will be

Hi again~

o the cable plug for the router is not same around the world?