what to ship from Toronto?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

one more thing...
    anyone live in YWCA when they first arrived in HK?

deleteduser
    Quote Originally Posted by fiana:
    Hi again~

o the cable plug for the router is not same around the world?
    We're talking about the power plug.

Quote Originally Posted by lowlight:
    Exactly.. Even if toothpaste is 3X the price, over the course of an entire year it's not going to make much of a difference.. I go through like... 1 tube ever 6-8 weeks?

Things like the Biotherm I mentioned is something worth packing. Or if you have a favourite brand of hair product that isn't available here, you might want to look into that... But really, the less you pack, the easier the move will be
    It's one of those truisms(sp?) that logic goes out the window once the packing starts. Of course then once you find that box that wasn't unpacked 6 months into your arrival, then you start to question what possessed you to bring it all over in the first place.

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK

fiana,

I thought from older threads (non-res status) that you were looking to come this way (HK) much later in the year!? En route already? Summer's the best time in TO. Heading that way in Jul-Aug.

HKF

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    LL,

Aren't cosmetics reasonable at SaSa/Bonjour?

Alt, do bring a big bottle of maple syrup and maple cookies....YUM.
    [off_topic]

Hong Kong's strange, in SaSa/Bonjour they sell those 'free samples' that seem to be given away everywhere else in the world. Now, is it me or does every company try to get money for nothing?

Those people who buy those samples must be completely mad... it's even stated on the packaging that they are "free!" or "not for sale".

What gives?

[/off_topic]

Quote Originally Posted by lowlight:
    We're talking about the power plug.
    Yeah, it's the standard British type (Three square pins, fitted with a fuse), although you'll find the old outdated HK style ones... small round, big round and two pin (like US.)

Don't forget it's 220 volts and not 110 volts. I imagine all those US electrical gadgets will either make strange noises then blow, or just blow!

Boom!

To: HKFELLA

you certaining have good memory...
    actually i was in HK twice already this year...once in January for two weeks...and last month.....went again...but I didn't use any computer while I was in HK...so didnt really occur to me to look at the router to see the difference^o^

ya i know July and August is the hottest time in HK.which might be better those two months spending in Toronto...well my trip is planned for end of August...so just doing a little research now...

deleteduser
    Quote Originally Posted by stylecode:
    [off_topic]

Hong Kong's strange, in SaSa/Bonjour they sell those 'free samples' that seem to be given away everywhere else in the world. Now, is it me or does every company try to get money for nothing?

Those people who buy those samples must be completely mad... it's even stated on the packaging that they are "free!" or "not for sale".

What gives?

[/off_topic]
    Yes but this way you can get all the samples you want... I don't know though, most of the actual FREE samples I have gotten come in a TINY little glass tube.. These ones are all miniature versions of the full bottles, which I think is really cool. Even better because you can get a bunch of different types without spending a fortune!

this may sound silly but I'm a HUGE fan of ketchup chips! No stores sell it here! They only have the chinese versions that they don't even taste like ketchup! Not at park n shop or the upscale ones like the great, the taste...etc.

Last edited by KnowItAll; 12-01-2006 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Edited for political correctness...

Hey Alt, bring me a bag of Presidents Choice Salt n vinegar...oh ya and a crispy crunch! thanks dude