Costs

Feel a bit stupid asking this but am thinking of moving to HK and have done most of the research, just would like the costs of a few specific items basically because I couldn't find them or to check the reality of the info I did find.
    Can anyone give me the avg cost of the following:
    1 - Head & Shoulders shampoo (BIG size with the pump)
    2 - glass of wine at an upper end bar (as opposed to at a hole in the wall that serves pure petrol... if that exists in HK)
    3 - Bottle of middle of the range wine at a supermarket
    4 - Bottle of Johnnie Walker red (1L)
    5 - Dinner (per person with wine) at a 5 star restaurant

Also, I read someone else's post where they were looking at cost of groceries for a single person. They said they liked to cook meals which is very much me (as opposed to eggs and chips every night) and they wanted to buy imported things like Heinz Baked Beans (also very much me). They had figured on HK$2,500. Is that correct??? I mean, it seems a bit steep, no??? I tend to buy lots of fresh stuff and cook from scratch mostly (not with Chicken Tonight). And I rarely buy expensive cuts of beef but rather chicken and ground beef.
    I had figured more on about HK$1,800 or so.

Thanks all,
    Sherry

deleteduser

then buy a book called "lonely planet" (or something like that) "Hong Kong"

Thanks, the Parknshop.com suggestion was a good one but can I assume this is accurate? I wasn't sure if it would be more expensive than most shops since it's internet shopping.
    Somehow I don't think a Lonely planet book, is going to give me the cost of specific items!

Last edited by nomad71; 12-06-2004 at 05:42 PM.

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location

or even www.wellcome.com.hk

sites like these give you an indication of what prices for most average groceries might be. You might encounter the odd special offers in stores but not very frequently. For that you'll have to check that out for yourself once you're here.