Like Tree1Likes

Which country would be best to live in for the rest of your life?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends:
    antarctica... cause i typically like to be alone and love the cold.
    and you are planning on moving to SYP? you aint going to be alone over there ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    and you are planning on moving to SYP? you aint going to be alone over there ;-)
    i know...i know. but the misses likes to be around people...so i suffer for her

depends on what stage i am in life. eg if im old and about to retire, preferably somewhere like Italy or along the coast close to the beach somewhere.
    But im young-ish... so I would love to live in a city get all the "high" life eg New York or Tokyo. Hong Kong is ok for now. but definitely not when i get old and wrinkly (i think.)

Without question, Japan

France for the summer months and probably HK for the rest of the year as long as I can travel around the rest of Asia - especially down to Penang and southern Thailand.

Texas .. for sure

South of France or Brittany for the spring/summer (ie March to August) and Macau (if it does not change too much until I can retire) for the winter period (September to February) with a couple of short trip in Asia during those 6 months (Japan for a snowy Xmas probably) and a beach destination for a few days in February.....can't wait to be retired

Quote Originally Posted by cqz:
    I think I like Scotland too, but I don't really know what life in there is like, except for the things I've seen in the media.
    Yeah, move to Glasgow or Aberdeen. Just charming places. So prosperous and happy. The weather is also lovely.

Hong Kong, as all the other wonderful places in the world is more accessible from here!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Koala:
    Hong Kong, as all the other wonderful places in the world is more accessible from here!!!!!!!!!!!
    That reminds me of when I worked in Coventry and our marketing dept asked us for reasons for people to go there and all we could think of was that it was easy to get out of to go to other places.