Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By PDLM

employer/employee

Closed Thread

employer/employee

hi my name iq ivy i've been 2ms by 29 oct.i worked as domestic helper here in tung chung w/indian-russian fam.they asked me to handed my passport,reason...for security coz i am taking care of there bb,i refused coz they have my copies already,i want to report to the police,maybe in future they'll ask again,pls.advice,thanks

Don't give them your passport.

I don't think the police will be of help, try to get some advise from here first: helpersfordomestichelpers.org - Home

Withholding a passport is a serious human rights violation

It is illegal to ask for your passport, I'd be reporting this to the authorities ( HK Police, HK IMMIGRATION dept, your consulate, and the press ) and really make an example out of the employer as a warning to others, not to pull this stunt !

DON'T BACK DOWN on this, you have every reason to sink the legal boots into this lowlife expat family that thinks it can enslave another human being. They deserve no leniency and should be deported back to whence they came.

Last edited by Skyhook; 24-10-2010 at 08:33 AM.

virgee,dh filipina

Raccon;1277412]Don't give them your passport.

I don't think the police will be of help, try to get some advise from here first: helpersfordomestichelpers.org - Home[/QUOTE]

thanks for d piece of advice,ystrdy my weekly off,i went to d police stn am.in central queens road,officer whom i relied can't give definite ans.instead he adviced me to go phil consulate,at d moment i am observing them,onced again ty for d insight
    Posted via Mobile Device

Again - next week on your day off go to Helpers for Domestic Helpers. Their office is at St John's Cathedral in Central. They give free and expert advice on situations like this. If necessary they can get you free legal help. If you can't visit then call them on 25234020. The office is open M-F 9am-5pm, Sunday 10:30-2:30.

dnt give them your passport.its only u have the right to keep it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

hi happy holiday season thanks for your support and advice,sorry for the late replied,somehow just let u know that i am already resingned from my post last dec 1 2010,and GOD'S GRACE i was able to find new expat from new york and this couple are very supportive and was able to wait till my visa was approved by d immigration dept.and right now am looking forward to be back in hongkong in a couple of days,again thanks may u always there to respond people who is in need w/ insight,BLESS YOU

Last edited by vsmpajarit; 29-12-2010 at 03:38 PM.

Congratulations on a new start with employers which should treat you a lot better than the previous ones.

Totally off subject - has anyone noticed that OP has supposedly made over 4 billion posts! Almost 24 million a day since joining.

Something strange is going on in Geoexpatland. Is Shri operating some separate space-time continuum that only the chosen few get to know about?

Prepare to be red-blobbed back to the stone age.