Domestic Helpers needed

Closed Thread

Domestic Helpers needed

We will be moving to HK in mid-Jan 2011 and would need a domestic helper when we reach there. We have 2 kids aged 2 years 8 months & 1 year. Duties involved would be taking care of the kids, cooking and other routine household jobs. I will not be working atleast for the first year on moving to HK. Would appreciate any leads of good helpers that you may know where their contracts are ending or where the employers are shifting from HK. Would also appreciate any leads of good Philippino agencies that I could reach out to. Thank You.

Try the classifieds. Also, would recommend that you use GeoBaby.Com ( Hong Kong Baby, Parenting and Pregnancy Community ) there is a good network of mums who share helper contacts as there are many people leaving HK all the time.

in hk, domestic helpers are usually come from Philippine or Indonesia.
    unless the helper is recommended by their previous employer, it would be better if u can recruit a new one from their counties. sometimes the existing helpers in hk are those that are terminated by their employer and are looking for a new job. it is a nightmare for u or your family if u find a problematic one. if u recruit a new one, the process will normally take about 1 month.

Quote Originally Posted by riyam:
    We will be moving to HK in mid-Jan 2011 and would need a domestic helper when we reach there. We have 2 kids aged 2 years 8 months & 1 year. Duties involved would be taking care of the kids, cooking and other routine household jobs. I will not be working atleast for the first year on moving to HK. Would appreciate any leads of good helpers that you may know where their contracts are ending or where the employers are shifting from HK. Would also appreciate any leads of good Philippino agencies that I could reach out to. Thank You.