Asian Indians in Hong Kong

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

And I'm happy to report that Indians have been spotted on several large estates on Victoria Road and other parts of Pokfulam.

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location

On an unrelated note, I was just informed that there are more than 100 Indian families now residing in Guangzhou.

A smaller number in other cities, too....

well now u can add 2 more on your lists...just got to HK on a short contract from South Africa. I didnt know that there were so many gujerati's here. Anyone know how I could get in touch with the Samaj to find out what programs are being arranged shorthly....

>> 100 Indian families

Gross underestimation.

>>Do they live in certain area of Hong Kong?

Near a Hindu Temple ?

TST
    Happy Valley

Exclamation Durga Puja HK

Hi ,Plz can any body tell me if there is some place in HK where Durga Puja is celebrated.
    Regards,
    Prasenjit

Quote Originally Posted by bontines:
    yes, mostly around tsim tsa tsui.

but what do you mean 'asian' indians?
    what other indians are there? i dont get it. hong kong is asia too right..hmm.
    its like saying 'are there any european germans in..' why do u define asian more eh
    i think the reference to "asian", not "american" indians... ??

re where they live - as far as i can see there is no real "central" indian area. and lets face it, there are so many cultures in an area of much less than 30km x 30km, that you cant really put a "central" area on one particular culture or race, can you? if you can, are you then going to designate hypothetical areas for punjabis, tamils, lah de dah?
    Last edited by dropdedfwed; 08-09-2005 at 02:38 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bluroz:
    How many asian Indians live in Hong Kong? Do they live in certain area of Hong Kong? I'm planning to move to Hong Kong in the near future
    dude, you will not be alone. pretty sure you will feel welcome here.

>> i think the reference to "asian", not "american" indians... ??

Yeah, but being Indian I sort of get pissed off when I'm called an "asian indian".

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    >> i think the reference to "asian", not "american" indians... ??

Yeah, but being Indian I sort of get pissed off when I'm called an "asian indian".
    hey KIA,

I can understand your sentiments, however, this reference was coming from one of your own kin, ie I assume Bluroz is also indian, and I don't think it was meant as to be offensive. would it be preferable to say Indian Indian, or just deafult to saying Indian, then "american indian" for a native american? But then, you've also gotta watch whose sensitivities you re going to upset with that too.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast