Asian Indians in Hong Kong

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Asian Indians in Hong Kong

How many asian Indians live in Hong Kong? Do they live in certain area of Hong Kong? I'm planning to move to Hong Kong in the near future

yes, mostly around tsim tsa tsui.

but what do you mean 'asian' indians?
    what other indians are there? i dont get it. hong kong is asia too right..hmm.
    its like saying 'are there any european germans in..' why do u define asian more eh

Around TST? Nah... Indians live all over Hong Kong, the density is a little bit higher in TST, but I would not go as far as saying "mostly".

I think the original poster meant Asian, as opposed to American. Brown as opposed to Red.

There are also alot of Indians in the New Territory area too. Especially in Kamtin...

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location
    Quote Originally Posted by bontines
    yes, mostly around tsim tsa tsui.

but what do you mean 'asian' indians?
    what other indians are there? i dont get it. hong kong is asia too right..hmm.
    its like saying 'are there any european germans in..' why do u define asian more eh
    There's the negative stereotype again!

Why is it that most people automatically assume that all Indians live (or HAVE to live) in TST? I know for a fact that Africans, Pakistanis, Nepalese, outnumber the Indians by 3 to 1 there. The area is still predominantly Chinese. As far as the Indians are concerned, MOST of them live in other areas, not TST. Examples, well....Yau Ma Tei, Jordan, Central, Wanchai, Happy Valley, Yuen Long, Fanling, Lam Tin, .......need I go on??

Indians

How many Gujaratis in Hong Kong? Any clues? Thanks in advance.

Dear Bluroz,

According to Gujarat samaj figures, there are around 300 famillies in Hong Kong and the samaj is also active arranging various programs and functions.

This Racial bias is all over the world, you tell someone you live in London, they see you and say where in South Hall? Same with NY where in Jackson Heights ? in HK in TST ? Africans, Pakistanis, Nepalese, outnumber the Indians by 3 to 1 in HK all over.
    There seems to be a large Gujrati poulation in HK, met a lot of Diamond traders.

laguna

there r 300 + families in laguna city (lam tin).

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

Bharatis

Other places in honkers, where people of the subcontinent reside are; the Peak, South Bay, and Jardine's Lookout. There is even a whispered rumour that some can even be found slumming it in Kornhil.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast