Family locations

Family locations

I am considering moving my family to HK. My concern is the transition for my wife and 3 yr old. My wife will be quitting her job to stay at home with our child and I'll be at work all day leaving them in a house / apartment that is considerably smaller than what we have now. Can anybody tell me what districts have a higher western family population over others? I will be working in the Kwai Chung area.

Thanks -

Flyroy, we've found areas like Discovery Bay, Pokfulam (specially where we live -- Bagiuo Villas), South Island areas like repulse bay, stanley to be very family friendly for non-locals.

A lot depends on your budget, where you're from (south island tends to be more american ...) and what your tolerance for a long commute would be.

Pokfulam is a nice location for families, and close to central via bus or taxi. I have friends with children who live there and I think (personally) more suited with family
    with children.

Discovery Bay - Full of Expats, and very westernised, but need to catch
    ferry into HK or Bus to MTR Line. If you want to find out more about DB,
    look at <deleted wrong URL> gives you an idea of prices/lifestyle etc. Alot
    of American's, Canadian's, Australian's and New Zealander's. Very safe
    environment for children

The website you quoted seems to be an aerospace company. Deleted the link.

Thanks for the input from all. I found a couple of links to info about DB for those who want to view/ review.

The first one seems to be the Home page for those who live in DB.
    http://www.dbay.com.hk/dblifestyleapp/default.asp

The second is a realtor web site but has some good pics and information on it as well.
    http://www.kaman.com.hk/index.htm

I haven't found any info on Pokfulam yet as I've been focusing on DB since it seems to be the thing I'm looking for. The commute might take a little time but if my wife is more comfortable there during the day it is well worth it.

Also - KnowItAll - You do a good job on this forum keeping the repetitive info and other misc. junk down to a min. I believe in praising in public so Kudoos to you!

>> I believe in praising

Sincere praises are usually accompanied by cash or a round of drinks. I usually settle for a cold pint.

http://www.gohome.com.hk/english/res...ct.asp?code=12

Information about Pokfulam. Its a bit outdated to be honest...

We live in Baguio Villas.

Talking

Hi,

If you will work at Kwai Chung, the closer "Expat" area is Discovery Bay. If you want to drive to work, I will suggest you to live in Sai Kung area. There are a lot of "Expat" living at Sai Kung and you really can few living in Country side but just need to take around 40 mins to drive to Kwai Chung. I am sure you will like this area.

Hebe