Blue skies in HK????

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth:
    Tiny Bear,
    That is quite depressing. But the air quality isn't usually that bad all over. If you look at the historical data for the first quarter you'll see that Shatin is the best of the lot (fewest bad hours). I think Fo Tan would be better than Shatin because there is less traffic.

It's a sad sad day when you have to go to Shatin just for some air!

Quote Originally Posted by tinybear:
    It's a sad sad day when you have to go to Shatin just for some air!
    True.
    Especially when you really have to head to Aussie to find it. Shatin is "better", but it isn't "perfect".

The air in Beas River is good. But it's a long drive there.

Beas River is gorgeous but about as far from Cental as you can get I think. You'd need a helicopter to commute to work.

Last edited by goodkarma; 11-04-2007 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Type -o

Will look up this Beas river place for a visit..........is it in Nts somewhere ?
    But getting back to air thing and air purifiers, have researched a bit and they all talk about air filtering for allergies.....great...............BUT are they filtering out the particulate matter from Hk pollution, are they designed to tackle HK style pollution problems? Can't seem to get to the bottom of this.

Beas River is northern NT.

Beas River is northern NT.
    So you breath in the China Factory pollution instead of road pollution?

Lets face the fact it can't be escaped.

No, most of the pollution from Mainland China comes from Pearl River Delta. So it drifts to HK from the south west. Beware if you live near Tung Chung.

No, most of the pollution from Mainland China comes from Pearl River Delta. So it drifts to HK from the south west. Beware if you live near Tung Chung.
    Okay, I must be geographicaly-challenged. Isn't the ocean SW of HK? Shouldn't PRC pollution come out of the NW?

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth:
    Okay, I must be geographicaly-challenged. Isn't the ocean SW of HK? Shouldn't PRC pollution come out of the NW?

Pearl River Delta is the area surrounding Zhu Hai. Lots of factories operate there. As you can see it is SW of Hong Kong.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast