Blue skies in HK????

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

2nd floor (although it's billed as 3rd) in Jordan walkup
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth:
    Run in a gym, it is better for your knees and--in HK--your lungs.
    i would dispute that (about the knees anyway). i was a gym runner for years in london with constant knee and leg injuries. since running on lamma, including some potentially ankle-shattering rocky coastal routes, i've really noticed - well, until i read this, i hadn't noticed, but now i think about it i've had no knee trouble for two years!
    off topic but hey. the topic's going nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by taihunggao:
    hey. the topic's going nowhere.
    Yeah, you're right. Now what should we do about it? Ideas how to solve the problem competition:

Competitor #1: reclaim some island 250km south of Hong Kong and build a bridge there with the new French train running > 500 km/h, voila, you have fresh air and can commute in 30 mins to Central!

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth:
    That makes the water warmer, but doesn't pollute the skies.
    Unless it breaks...

Competitor #2: Give in to the eventuality and start wearing a paint respirator everywhere you go.
    OR
    Competitor #3: Give in to THE eventuality and die today.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Unless it breaks...
    Given the 50+/- year history of the industry, there is probably a better chance of China cleaning the air than that breaking.

Actually the thread was going somewhere. We were trying to give Abdi a heads up on where to live.

Abdi, we originally thought Southside was too far - we've always only ever been 10 or 15 minutes away from work. But now that we are here it's not that big a deal. It takes my husband roughly 30 minutes all up (walking time included) to get from where we are (Tai Tam) to Pacific Place, where he works. He reads the paper and chills out a bit. Most evenings he'll cab it home because he works long hours and just wants to get home at the end of the day.

We've just had a 'better' week in Hong Kong, weather and pollution wise and I have to say that living Southside, close to decent beaches is probably as good as it gets here. It's actually almost nice In fact, this place is incredibly beautiful we just don't get to see it often..

Anyway, you may think that the commute is too long for you but remember that this discussion started about where to move that would be best for your children..

We spent 6 weeks in Central going out to all the areas before we finally committed and are happy we did.

Ta for that.Advice really appreciated.
    one of us needs to get to airport and other to midlevels, so its gonna be a tough one methinks.
    Sorry to go back a question or 2 but re air purifiers, do people have them and are they purifying out the HK nasty stuff or not?

Abdi didn't start the thread.
    But today we have some blue skies over Fo Tan. And clouds, but at least you can tell they are clouds.

Abdi, if the commute is only to Central, soutside is better than NT. Takes me almost an hour to get to Pacific Place.

finally blue skies in central today!

Yup. Pretty unusual for this time of year too!

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast