Government Brutally Killing 40,000 Pigs

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Boris:
    Wales is a soveriegn country with its own governance ( the Welsh assembly ).
    No it's not - it's a principality with about as much real autonomy as Greater London.

Wales has for all practical purposes been ruled by England since 1282. The last native King of Cornwall was deposed in 1066. That really isn't a very big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris:
    This I can personally atest too, having put my son at age 5 into a welsh school and having him take lessons. He is now 26yrs old.
    Has he managed to get a word in yet?

Quote Originally Posted by lowlight:
    Damn nothing. Guess we'll all have to be physically weak, weak minded, emotionally drained vegans from now on
    3 out of 4 is a good start!

Are there any experts here who will confirm that the pigs were killed and disposed of because no one, including the poor would eat the meat?

There are plenty of experts here... you will, however, find it hard to find one that actually knows what they're talking about

You seem to do OK fwed !

Really, I am dying to know why the pigs keep breeding and why they can't be eaten?

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    No it's not - it's a principality with about as much real autonomy as Greater London.

Wales has for all practical purposes been ruled by England since 1282. The last native King of Cornwall was deposed in 1066. That really isn't a very big difference.

The words uniformed, inaccurate and some that the moderator would no doubt have issue with spring to mind. So yet AGAIN I have to correct you and hope you have English as a first language to understand.

Monaco is a principality. It does not stop it being a sovereign state. The two titles are not dependant. But a clever lad like you would know that , right!

Taken from Wikipedia
    Article 1 of the Montevideo Convention of 1933. According to the Convention, a sovereign state should possess the following qualifications: (a) a permanent population, (b) a defined territory, (c) government, and (d) capacity to enter into relations with the other states.

All these things Wales does . UEFA and FIFA recognise it as such. The Olympic Games would do so but traditionally the UK is a combined team and I am sure with time I could make a much longer list. It has seperate represntation of staehood with its neighbours. It is a classified state with borders and a county structure. The United Kingdom is a unique institution I believe but that does not make Wales any less worthy than places like Monaco that relies on its French neighbour for many more things than the Taffs.

In regard of the Kings of this and that I don't see any connection but yet again correct your accuracy.
    King Dungarth ? Traditionally the 'last king', said in Annales Cambriae to have drowned in 875 NOT deposed at the Conquest of 1066. As stated before Cornwall is county not a country. Even when it had a " King " it was a tribal King not as we understand it in modern times.
    ALSO FYI , in case you intend to keep prodding me, anything happening before Magna Carta, under British law is not relevant under law.

As for your posting about my son getting a word in. I take it as a snide remark with no knowledge of the tremendous loving relationship we have. Also the pride I feel at his success in business working for a major international company for which at the tender age of 24 he was headhunted for the position of Defence Accounts Manager and has built up the account from ?1.5 million to ( 2006 ) ?15.75 million and has several patents to his name in his work to develop ingenious products for this employer. I just sit in silence listening to him in awe of the wonderfull person I have nurtured. My grandaughter is a sweety too.

So by your definition Hong Kong is a sovereign state. Dream on.

Where can I find the Welsh Consulate?

>> the pigs were killed and disposed of because no one, including the poor would eat the meat?

this can happen only if a rich donor willing to pay for all slaugterhouse fee, transportation cost and distribution expenses to transform such less tasty living pigs into pork and pass them to the poor people for free.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast