Like Tree146Likes

Staring at people normal?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Is it me or does this seem like a backhand personal?

what's a backhand personal?

It means that you are a single gal looking for a date and this is how you are advertising it, like personal ads. But, instead of going that route you are going in this roundabout way.

Leave the poor girl alone. I don't notice staring but I'm abit older so not considered hot. I suspect it's your curves - add a little fat to an asian shape and it fills out nicely. They are not talking about the curve around the middle ... think higher up

You'll be fine. HK is safe as. No worries. Just ignore them all.

pinkelephant and european like this.

@Pin, I look normal. I'm not ugly - I sure hope not, and I'm not that pretty like movie stars. I cut my hair short a week ago, so I have short hair now. Some people say I look 12. that's it.

I do have a cellphone watch that get a lot of attention and my camera is always out. so I guess I look tourist-y. Anyway, I was just wondering if this is normal.

I found out that you can't take pictures, even of yourself in the pool. so I thought this was another weird culture thing!

Name:  chickennarcissistic.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  46.4 KB10characters
    bookblogger and pinkelephant like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    It means that you are a single gal looking for a date and this is how you are advertising it, like personal ads. But, instead of going that route you are going in this roundabout way.
    @gunsnroses - Oh no, haha. My mom would kill me if I hook up with people. And I'm not that way.

I just want to know if that's a weird culture thing because I find out that you can't take pics in the swimming pool, which is an odd thing. And you don't have to tip. So I was wondering what else is weird culture thing in HK.

When you say short hair, do you mean a crew cut type? That could be it.

Also if you are curvy and are not really a local (I mean a returning HK'er that's grown up outside of HK) alot of people can tell that, somehow, like a sixth sense.

But I like all the other posters saying you are hot as it's probably this reason why they are looking at you.

I don't know if this is a wind up or not.

If it isn't, then OP, just chill out. People stare at me all the time (but not cause I'm hot, but cause I is not yellow).

I just smile back at them. Totally freaks them out, love it. Missus, on the other hand doesn't like it when people stare at her and she just scowls back at them. She then gets quite wound up about it. Seems the OP has the same issue.

My advice, chill out, smile back at the starers. Will freak them out (unless you actually are hot and have some curves about you). On another note, you think we are taking curves to mean a bad thing. Trust me its a good thing. A girl with some curves and a bit of bootie is way hotter than a stick.

chateau (the resident expert on what is hot and what is not) should be here pretty soon with a comprehensive explanation that may or may not involve fruit.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast