Like Tree146Likes

Staring at people normal?

Closed Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    If you think the weather is crappy now just wait a couple of days...tropical depression Haima is coming your way. Very weak but carrying a lot of rain, rained here for 60 hours non-stop. They are not showing it on the HK Observatory site but it has just reached the top of the Phils and is headed just to the east of HK (with the rain on the west of it).

Another one following it but headed towards Taiwan.
    I tried to go out today not knowing what typhoon 3 is. I was like, it's just a little rain, right?

Dang, the wind was strong! I was halfway to the MTR and everyone walking stood still trying to hold their umbrellas. If you walked, the wind would throw you off balanced. We had to turn around and go back. This is lame weather! I wanted to go on the Cable Car ride to the Giant Buddha!

When will this end?

Another day apparently then back to as it's been recently.
    7-Day Weather Forecast

Quote Originally Posted by cyreneq:
    I tried to go out today not knowing what typhoon 3 is. I was like, it's just a little rain, right?

Dang, the wind was strong! I was halfway to the MTR and everyone walking stood still trying to hold their umbrellas. If you walked, the wind would throw you off balanced. We had to turn around and go back. This is lame weather! I wanted to go on the Cable Car ride to the Giant Buddha!

When will this end?
    Yes the weather blows atm, but soon the sun will shine again and we'll be abusing it for the scorching heat etc, so relax, enjoy this so that you can enjoy that.

Also, the cable car has been closed for maintenance. I went there few days ago and found out much to my chagrin.

You can still catch the bus up to the big buddha. we were there are the weekend - we got there the REALLY hard way, up from near sea level via Sunset Peak and Lantau Peak - and it was GREAT - so few people in Nong Ping with no cable car

I have a stupid question. When the goverment issues a T3 warning, why is the T upside down? But T1 is the right way up.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    I have a stupid question. When the goverment issues a T3 warning, why is the T upside down? But T1 is the right way up.

That's because due to heavy wind the T slips and rotates 90 degrees.

P.S. - ask a stupid question....

When will this end?
    If you want to see what a T8 can be like go to youtube "Heng Fa Chuen Typhoon 8" (sorry can't be arsed to do the link). P.S. it ends in September usually.

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    Back in your box, HKF. You were much nicer when you weren't typing
    Hard not to notice the distinct few fascinations, and the 'c' word (in any language it appears) seems to be one of them.

Since ur from Arkansas, I will try to put the typhoon's in your terms. A typhoon is hurricane or in your case like the tornadoes that hit your trailer park.

When will this end?
    Last edited by HongKongFoot; 22-06-2011 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongFoot:
    Since ur from Arkansas, I will try to put the typhoon's in your terms. A typhoon is hurricane or in your case like the tornadoes that hit your trailer park.
    *tut tut*

What's with the attitude?

Weren't you young once...

(Or, you just projecting a mean persona?)