Like Tree146Likes

Staring at people normal?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cyreneq:
    I've been in hongkong for 2-3 weeks now and I've noticed I've been getting a lot of stares.
    The way you wore make-up on your photo is not local's style. I look at the way you guys wear make-up and can identify you're from North America (or at least able to mimic that style). A bit out of the ordinary here, so the locals may look a bit longer than what you're comfortable with. Similar to Koreans and their choice of white foundations where I may take a longer look and go, "oh she's from South Korea".

Think that's what it is. I don't occasionally see girls with your make-up style here in Hong Kong. I may also stare longer just to identify where you're from.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    I'm wondering what's normal about taking pictures of yourself in the pool??
    The fact that there's a rule against photo-taking in a pool is messed, as no where else would this action be prohibited. It's exclusively a Hong Kong rule (among many others twisted rules here).
    Last edited by Creative83; 16-06-2011 at 08:54 PM.

In Beijing a whole group came and watched us eat in a Chinese restaurant. Our group was mostly white so thats why. I found it quite funny. When people stare at me I make eye contact.

Really does seem like OP thinks the reason people stare is that she's hot, and is seeking confirmation of this!

I personally have never thought about bringing a camera anywhere near a swimming pool.

Sent from my HTC Desire using GeoClicks Mobile

Yeah but you did and you took pics!

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    I personally have never thought about bringing a camera anywhere near a swimming pool.

Sent from my HTC Desire using GeoClicks Mobile

Ohmygawd! Oh...mygawd! Oh...my...gawd! That's like so...yuuuuuck??? Old fatties and staring? Grosses me out...like TOTALLY!!

But in all seriousness, to the OP, if you post one of your pool pictures up on this thread, I think we can work out exactly why people stare at you a lot.

F.A.O. pin and gunsnroses:

Stand-by for photos out of a Lydia Shum look-alike contest - swimsuit gallery.

HongKongFoot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongFoot:
    ew? You forgot gross at the end of it. What are you like 10 years old or something? You make it seem like PDA is uncommon in the states. People kissing and holding hands in public?

Oh Double EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWw!
    They have PDA in the U.S. but not like this! in hong kong, it seems like they are in a drama or something. So many couples make out in the mtr. I guess MTR is the new romantic place to get turned on?

They obviously are doing this for attention, that or they just couldn't resist or wait. lol So many couples overly do it, and I haven't seen that in the states. As if they want to announce, look at me! I got someone! Most people in the U.S. hold their make-out session in private, not where 500 people can see it.

I usually giggle. but what if I start taking vids and pics? would make a great movie.
    Last edited by cyreneq; 17-06-2011 at 12:25 AM.

I've seen a lot of open PDA in the US...and worse...but yeah, HK people do like making out in public!

maybe you're just incredibly ugly and the locals can't help gawking

HongKongFoot likes this.

Locals are rude, mean and stare.

Locals show public displays of affection probably thinking (why are these expats people staring at us?)

Coin has two sides!

Anyone else not think she has a slight quasimodo resemblance in her photo?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    Anyone else not think she has a slight quasimodo resemblance in her photo?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using GeoClicks Mobile
    Let's hope it's just the camera angle!

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast