Like Tree8Likes

Not foreign enough to be a foreign tourist and yet not local enough to be a local...

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

I don't understand, aren't HK guys rich enough or what? Then if they are money grabbing gold digging sort, how does it matter if they grab a white, black, brown or a yellow guy?

But yeah I have come across quite a few gals, who are only interested in being friends with traders and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    I don't understand, aren't HK guys rich enough or what? Then if they are money grabbing gold digging sort, how does it matter if they grab a white, black, brown or a yellow guy?

But yeah I have come across quite a few gals, who are only interested in being friends with traders and the like.
    very small minority, usually roaming around klf, same with every major big city, golddiggers are not exclusive in HK, just slightly more in the limelight here

population propotionally is skewed more females than males, apparent as much as 10 females to 8 males.

scratched the surface, dig a little deeper than than the usual expat haunts and towards to more localised places, you will find 99% of hk females are normally non money -orientated, kind, considering people just like 99% of every other colour and creed female in the world.

it's like saying all people attend football UK matches are holligans, when it's usually only a very small minority
    gunsnroses likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Who Me? Yes U!:
    Whenever I go to HK, I don't consider myself a foreign tourist and yet I don't consider myself a local. I feel kind of stuck in between the two. I was born in HK but moved to US when I was 12. I've lost most of my Chinese reading skills except when I'm in a restaurant. I rock at sell textbooks reading the food menu! Well kind of, I could always make out the main words haha. I can still speak Cantonese but not as well as English though. I've been to most of the tourist spots more than once but missed out on the local fun/experience due to the lack of friends in HK. I am curious if anyone else has ever felt the same way? I'm planning a trip to HK in mid Dec - mid Jan. Any tips on how to make this trip a little different? Maybe have the kind of fun and experience a typical late 20s early 30s local would experience.
    Yep...born in Japan and raised in the states. Might as well be a complete foreigner when I go back for a visit.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4