Like Tree7Likes

The Barber Shop - Central

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    We were talking about straight men's haircuts
    Thanks

Well it's worth it for two hrs of head massage, glass of wine and surrounded by hotties too

Look at 10 men and 10 women tomorrow and decide who you think put the most time and effort into their hair (especially if these people are reasonably young)

You'll notice the average 20something girl here has straight, neat hair (nothing wrong with that) whereas the men have some funky little styles going on with diagonal fringes and not quite mullets. That explains why men's haircuts aren't cheaper here.

One time I got my haircut here and a young man took me to another room, lay me down, put my head in a sink and washed my hair and massaged my ears and head for what seemed like about 8 years.

I know it's only a hairwash but I'd definitely prefer a girl (or two) doing that!

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:

One time I got my haircut here and a young man took me to another room, lay me down, put my head in a sink and washed my hair and massaged my ears and head for what seemed like about 8 years.

I know it's only a hairwash but I'd definitely prefer a girl (or two) doing that!
    Well, I am a woman and I had that experience today. However, he was probably young enough to be my son and skinny little runt too so it was not exactly the bees knees.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Well, I am a woman and I had that experience today. However, he was probably young enough to be my son and skinny little runt too so it was not exactly the bees knees.
    You wouldn't have been tempted by offers of "extras" then?

I have a buzz cut or Crew Cut as you might know it better, short and tight on the sides and about 1.5 inches on top. I could get my hair cut on base for free, but I would spend more than the $15 to $18 in time and gas. I keep my hair short and simple, no need for a head massage, this massage or that massage.

Thats the one thing that bothered me about HK and China was that I had to explain to the people how to do a crew cut, plus I didnt want/need massages/scrubs/etc/etc.

Just cut my S**T, wash it, and let me get the F out. I dont have time to sit around relaxing at some "Salon". I dont need it and dont want the pampering all to siphon money out of my wallet.

Jimbo, you spend way too much money on a simple haircut for a guy. A $700HKD haircut better come with a few glasses of Opus One, and a happy ending is all I gotta say...

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Bloody Hell HKFoot you are cheap!

I used to pay $700 for a mid range stylist in IFC.
    If you have hair then spend money on it, If you have a receding hairline or a bald patch then don't bother as you're already screwed

Oh BS Joe, you went there for the "extras" dont lie! You thought he layed you down for something else didnt you???

Come to think of it, the guy who gave me the massage had a buzz cut or Crew Cut as you might know it better, short and tight on the sides and about 1.5 inches on top. He looked angry, too.

Satay Sue likes this.

I usually go to Mina Dev'wil (not sure what that means) at Cochrane Street at Central. It's around HKD 120 for a haircut + wash from a junior stylist. Nothing great, but the cheapest I can find at Central. Don't bother making an appointment, they'll make you wait 20 minutes anyway.

I went to a hairstylist in Yuen Long, a very talkative guy who gave me great advice. He told me all the pros and cons of my hairtype and what could be done and suggested which hairstyles suit me most. He delivered a great job.

Too bad he has so many customers waiting in line that a haircut will require 2-3 hours each time. Once I went to QB instead and told the guy how to cut my hair. Guess what? QB is doing even a better job. Now I am going there every month.

I did tell you bro, I only do happy endings for females and if you wanted the "extras" the lady boy at the station over whom you kept staring at would be glad to "service" you in the back room...

Come to think of it, the guy who gave me the massage had a buzz cut or Crew Cut as you might know it better, short and tight on the sides and about 1.5 inches on top. He looked angry, too.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast