Time: Waiting - 0 Cutting ~10 mins
    Pro's:
    - Nice place, clean, tidy, nice feeling
    - Nice staff
    - Happy with the outcome
    - "complimentary" water/coffee provided
    - English magazines

Con's:
    - (I was fine with this, but others may see this as a negative) - 'dirty location'
    - Price - I felt it was excessive (I've been happy with QB House $50 !)

That's about it really, I guess I'll be looking for somewhere else to have my haircut in central next time, any ideas?

I'm in the same boat. I got my first haircut at the Barber Shop about four weeks ago in my quest to find a decent haircut from a professional barber. After several terrible haircuts at various places, the $280 isn't even the issue. I just thought it was a mediocre haircut. My next try will be at the Mandarin.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    I'm in the same boat. I got my first haircut at the Barber Shop about four weeks ago in my quest to find a decent haircut from a professional barber. After several terrible haircuts at various places, the $280 isn't even the issue. I just thought it was a mediocre haircut. My next try will be at the Mandarin.
    Good luck with the Mandarin! write us a review.

I missed something in my original post, I wanted to add that I thought the $280 was high because the haircut wasn't almost 6 times better than the one I used to get at QB House.

And, in case anyone is wondering why I don't just go to QB House, it's because they closed their Sheung Wan branch and I'm too lazy to go to Wan Chai.

Tks for the heads up. You can also try Talianna 1/F melbourne plaza. Go up the escalator and go down to the end past the eyewear and sewing shops. I've been going to them for 16 years when they used to be in G/F Bank of America. And they have some nice magazines to browse through

pin likes this.

What's the price for a haircut there?

Quote Originally Posted by talllatte:
    Tks for the heads up. You can also try Talianna 1/F melbourne plaza. Go up the escalator and go down to the end past the eyewear and sewing shops. I've been going to them for 16 years when they used to be in G/F Bank of America. And they have some nice magazines to browse through
    Oh, they moved there? Thanks for the heads up! I used to go there when I worked at BoA.

BTW Mandarin Barber is very good! Also there is now a place called Gentleman's Tonic in Landmark, but I think that will be well over HK$500 for a haircut.

Toni and Guy is also pretty good, but at over HK$500. I did however have some groupon type vouchers there for HK$250, so went there for my last few haircuts.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    What's the price for a haircut there?
    $180. The quicker I can be in and out, the bigger the tip the old boy can get.

Thanks. Mandarin is a bit above $300 now so I will give them a try.

You won't go from Central to Wanchai (which must be all of 3 minutes and $10 extra (or $20 from start) in a cab) to save $220?

I guess you bankers have money to burn...

Drunken Master likes this.

I know you love Wanchai PDLM. Enjoy your time there!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast