Like Tree5Likes

Man with a van 2011

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by d3773:
    I would like to recommend Mr. Magic Miracles, 93415261. He moved me today and was very helpful and friendly.
    Just wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    Just wrong...
    What do you mean by that?
    He was a friendly guy who gave me the best quote out of 4, was punctual and moved everything that was required.

I recently used someone who's name I honestly cannot remember but he did speak good English and was really helpful. I saved the number and would use them again. The number is 9779 7659.

I didn't go with them in the car and in fact it was all done on an honour basis as I purchased two single beds (trundle) from someone living in Pokfulam and the "men with a van" (there were two of them) picked it up and delivered it to my home without ever having seen me. I paid on delivery and they even offered to assemble it for me without asking for anything extra. An offer I accepted and tipped for.

The cost was HKD 400 which might seem high versus what you guys are quoting above but it was well worth it. There is the usual extra fee if it is a walk up they are delivering or picking up from (not our case)

If you're doing your moving on a weekend, call Sam @ 9282-1770. Great service, efficient, friendly. But only on weekends.

sam112hk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by englishchick:
    Hey, Can i ask did the guy help to get it in the van? Or did you have to move yourself? Thanks
    Can anyone suggest what the usual cost is to have the guys lift the stuff? Thanks

We had an "interesting" experience with Mr. Magic Miracles recently. Yes, he showed up, got the job done, spoke good English, and did everything that was expected of him. But in the process we got yelled at, cussed at, rushed to get the job done faster, and we were forced to read pages of supposed testimonials about his magic way of healing people with backaches and more! And some laughter for good measure.

I accurately told him what we needed transported, and it turned out his van wasn't actually large enough (it's just a normal, 8 seater van?) for everything in one go. So we had to make two trips in the end, which made him run 10 minutes late.

Altogether, we were happy things got done and the price was pretty reasonable for 3 hours of his time. We were grateful that he was keen on carrying things, but we would have rather that he not get upset with us when we had planned on carrying the difficult things. He also quickly got upset that the building was a walk-up, which it wasn't! Or that he was not going to carry up the sofa to the 30th floor, which we never asked or needed him to do!

Just be prepared for a little madness! (Which isn't to be unexpected when moving!)

Hi Bryant, I couldnt see the number on your post. Can u resend please? Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Anushree:
    Hi Bryant, I couldnt see the number on your post. Can u resend please? Thanks so much!
    Did you actually click the link in his post?

Thumbs down Not Magic Miracles

Quote Originally Posted by d3773:
    What do you mean by that?
    He was a friendly guy who gave me the best quote out of 4, was punctual and moved everything that was required.
    I used that guy too. He showed up 1/2 hour early and the helper wasnt home yet. Then he literally screamed, screamed! at me over the phone at my work. When I pointed out he was early and I was in a meeting he began yelling and For the rest of the day he sent me nasty text messages telling me next time he would charge me more and "Never Again" I literally got 15+ messages from him. I finally had my husband call him and tell him we would sue if he didn't back off.

I will NEVER recommend this guy. He came very highly recommend to me by a good friend who uses him alot, but this mover is high strung, demanding and frankly frightening. I have since heard several other people have similar experiences. Miracles guy is a no go.

Quote Originally Posted by teacherl:
    I used that guy too. He showed up 1/2 hour early and the helper wasnt home yet. Then he literally screamed, screamed! at me over the phone at my work. When I pointed out he was early and I was in a meeting he began yelling and For the rest of the day he sent me nasty text messages telling me next time he would charge me more and "Never Again" I literally got 15+ messages from him. I finally had my husband call him and tell him we would sue if he didn't back off.

I will NEVER recommend this guy. He came very highly recommend to me by a good friend who uses him alot, but this mover is high strung, demanding and frankly frightening. I have since heard several other people have similar experiences. Miracles guy is a no go.
    Hahaha! That sounds just like our experience -- HE made a mistake (not correctly calculating if the bed and sofa would fit in his van) and then went MAD the rest of the afternoon blaming us and having absolute melt-downs. In retrospect, it was kind of funny and strangely entertaining to witness such a nutcase. I've grown to believe that this is also somewhat characteristic of Hong Kong people...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast