Like Tree11Likes

I'll....not be home for Christmas

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit:
    This Christmas is our first in Asia. Not sure what to do yet. all I know is that the booze supply is guaranteed, hubby still scratching his head muttering obscenities over why I need to buy more Christmas lights ( don't know how to explain household male running through villa with cat toy, cat soon after, kitty discovers swatting bobbles off tree is fun, decides to jump onto tree, lights go haywire, hubby follows to rescue cat, almost gets fried from lights on tree that fall off and break, glass everywhere, wife discovers bloody mess and hits the roof over tree she spent hour putting up......).....
    The naughty one of my two cats managed to push over my 7 foot real tree when I was in UK. It was bizarre, I didn't know he was behind it (it was next to the window and he was behind the curtains) It appeared to fall by itself! Then suddenly the little git shot out from behind and very wisely hid! There were pine needles, broken baubles, earth from the pot just everywhere!
    I've been banned from buying any more decorations. I just love Christmas kitsch and we have boxes and boxes of the stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    The naughty one of my two cats managed to push over my 7 foot real tree when I was in UK. It was bizarre, I didn't know he was behind it (it was next to the window and he was behind the curtains) It appeared to fall by itself! Then suddenly the little git shot out from behind and very wisely hid! There were pine needles, broken baubles, earth from the pot just everywhere!
    I've been banned from buying any more decorations. I just love Christmas kitsch and we have boxes and boxes of the stuff
    LOL.
    That's why this year, live and learn, I'm putting all decos and lights much further up on our tree!

One Christmas, my mum gave my dad an expensive designer shirt. Well, it was until our beagle, two yrs old at the time, managed to get a hold of it, eat most of the buttons, and some of the shirt before she buried it down the backyard...along with other socks, underwear...

No wonder dad used to complain that feeding the dog was more expensive than feeding us kids.

cannot agree more to Howardcoombs. Every day can be "xmas spirit" when staying with family and have fun.

I love christmas. One of the few days of the year I feel justified drinking booze in the morning.

wow, that doesn't make me sound very good does it

ojo likes this.

LOL, then we're just as "bad" then

You don't need to justify it anyway lol

Well, hubby is bringing back from Oz my Christmas/birthday gift - all I ask for from family every year - that will most likely exceed customs regulations on all liquers/ spirits brought in HK - a homemade FRUITCAKE! All three kilos of it, heavily soaked in rum, kirsch, sherry, maybe a bit of cointreau - depends on what my nana throws in, but it always tastes sooooo good.

This cake is so gooood, when I lived in a small village outside Berlin for a while, I was determined to traipse through a very heavy snowfall and knee deep snow for 3 kms each way to the post office just to pick up the cake ( and the sheepskin insert for my drizabone). Man, what a Christmas! So worth it!

Last edited by Natfixit; 28-11-2011 at 08:20 PM.
    Satay Sue likes this.

Speaking of booze....love that gluehwein. Espc with a schluss of cointreau or rum. Although, it does feel a little sureal drinking the stuff with no snow outside or -30oC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3