View Poll Results: Your total relocation package was worth approximately how much?

Voters
148. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pretty much nothing

31 20.95%
  • The cost of an economy flight

17 11.49%
  • About USD5,000

24 16.22%
  • About USD10,000

14 9.46%
  • About USD15,000

18 12.16%
  • About USD25,000

11 7.43%
  • More than USD25,000

23 15.54%
  • No idea/didn't relocate/don't want to say

10 6.76%
Like Tree52Likes

How much was your relocation package?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    Yes Mat, why, there's the counting, the maths....fun, fun,fun..
    Ignorance is bliss.....
    MovingIn07 and Satay Sue like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Ignorance is bliss.....
    *like*

10 cha

In another thread (http://hongkong.geoexpat.com/forum/6...564-8.html) he said that his Housing Allowance was +50% of his monthly income (not 60%) so I guess the salary should be around 40K which if you make the math at 28 y old (w/o kids) is far from a very cheap package:

Housing: 50K
    Salary: 40K
    Pension: 10K
    Free health care (private), air tickets to europe and all moving items covered.

that's a roughly +100K/month - at 28 y old, it's not the best package I have ever seen but it certainly isn't a very cheap package.
    That's really not a lot. My salary will be 100K a month next year in Hong Kong (along with the 40k to 60k COLA). I am only 24.

Why do you equal banking and dull?

Some banking jobs are actually very interesting.

Usually the dull one (in banking) don't really pay.
    Well compared with other jobs out there. I'm in the construction industry, work for architects - really fun and interesting job! I've worked other jobs before (including being a head-hunter) and have to say the artistic related jobs are by far the most fun. I found in other jobs I was living in misery for 5/7ths of my life! haha.

I suppose some parts of banking and finance could be relatively interesting. My brother actually works for the banking industry coding the stock market software or something (I never can work out what he actually does...)

jct1988 what do you do for a job? 100k per month is a massive salary... hope you realise you most likely won't get that anywhere else in the world lol (apart from maybe war torn countries or the middle east)!

Nice to be in your 20s on a high salary in banking but what do you do when the business goes south and you're the first to be made redundant? Hope you saved a lot from that 100k per month!

It is amazing how people trash bankers continuously yet know very very very little about what bankers do.

As I said, ignorance is bliss.

Quote Originally Posted by jc1988:
    That's really not a lot. My salary will be 100K a month next year in Hong Kong (along with the 40k to 60k COLA). I am only 24.
    Ah but I never said it was a lot, did I?

So now that you boasted about your 100K a month (which by the way many people on those boards earn easily every mnnth) how about your relax and enjoy the HK ride?

My husband does not work in banking, so there are other fields in which you can make good money besides banking.

Out of interest (and I realise it varies) what are typical expat packages like in terms of annual holidays? I know locals often get very little in the way of paid holidays, but I wonder if expats typically get a better package?

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Out of interest (and I realise it varies) what are typical expat packages like in terms of annual holidays? I know locals often get very little in the way of paid holidays, but I wonder if expats typically get a better package?
    I refused to move unless I got same as where I was 20 days.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using GeoClicks Mobile

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast