Salary for IT Project Manager

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

thanks guys for all your responses.

we also did some "research" on JobsDB and job positions with similar requirements usually pay 30-40k, sometimes even more.
    so he will print out some of the job offers and he will show them to his boss. just for some support.
    he wants to keep the job as he likes it and he doesnt have to work overtime and usually he doesnt have to work on saturdays.

so, i guess he will ask for around 30k.

Well, I wish him good luck with the job search, hopefully everything works out in the end.

thanks a lot.

but he is not looking for a new job ;-)

just like most material things in life its all about demand and supply and the guys value to the organisation.

it does depend on the industry as mentioned Investment banking can about 50-70K a month for those skills

In my experience when negotiating pay rises its important to know your true worth to the employer. know your target pay and ask for say 10-20% more. also don't be afraid to put yourself on the market for an alternative job. there are alot of examples when a person hands in his notice then the employer is more likely to offer a pay rise.

Somone mentioned why he should recieve more as he is easily replacebale. however i disagree. with new recrutiment comes risk and cost. Cost of training and recruiting can be high. risk the the new employee is not the same standard and the loss of experience should also be factored in.

The question your friend needs to ask is how valuable he is

Quote Originally Posted by Krad:
    Yeah, and if you're looking for something like that for IT project management, congratulations, you've just priced yourself out of the market.
    Maybe they haven't.

Exclamation How much should I be making?

I am "technically" Project Manager to a Social Networking Website (SNS), I have very little skills, and started working about a year ago under this position. I've been with the company for about two years (theyre based in HK, but I live in Manila)

I get paid $3,600 a year.

$3600 a year? damn that's really low... maybe you mean a month perhaps?

Red face uhmm.. a little error

I made a mistake -- I make P17,500 a month

thats $437.5 US a month or $5,250 a year.. There are a few benefits like "electricity to run my computer", dental and health (full list is somewhere in my email)... but... its still pretty low actually. I don't get paid for overtime, and I work at least 10 hours a day just staring at this computer screen. (My sister's actually giving me sh1t about my low wage)

I dont have any skills (C+ student) but I did graduate from college, Management Information Systems... i'm guiding both Graphics people and Software Engineers into developing features on the site that I think of. I write up all these documents giving the specifications on the features, but a lot of it is common sense... am I even a Project Manager? They gave me this title.

Last edited by UnderpaidPinoy; 17-04-2008 at 04:57 PM. Reason: oh I used an acronymn that people might not know

Quote Originally Posted by pumi23:
    thanks a lot.

but he is not looking for a new job ;-)
    Pumi, I don't think you answered any questions regarding the industry or size of company. That will have a far bigger impact on pay than job title or years of experience.

Oh, and if its a PM job that doesn't involve any overtime, then I expect the 50-60k figures being bandied about are not really applicable
    Last edited by jgl; 17-04-2008 at 06:04 PM.

errr this thread is over 8 months old.