Need recommendation

Closed Thread

Question Need recommendation

Hi,
    I need to get a pest control service done in my apartment in DB. It is a 1000SF 3-bedroom apartment. Can anyone recommend an effective pest control service, how much it should cost ( i have heard about gwailo prices) and if I can just get one-time service without signing a year-long contract?

Thank you...

We used Supreme Pest Control Ltd. They were recommended to us by the management company here at the apartment complex. Their phone number is 2814 7211 or 2814 7255. They are out of Aberdeen and the sales guy is Victor Lee.
    You can get a one time application although they recommend a repeat every 3 or 4 months. They have a 45 day warranty.
    We have about 1500 sqf of actual living space; apartment is listed as 2200 or 2300 sqf and it cost us HK$950.
    You didn't specify your pest. Ours was insects (roach/silverfish).

Last edited by Sleuth; 30-08-2007 at 08:04 PM.

Hi,
    Well..there are no pests in the house. But I would like to do it anyway as a preventive action against all kinds of hosuehold pests and roaches. Hope it will stop the lizards too from coming in. Unless there is a huge difference in the cost between single application and contract, I would rather call them and pay them each time for single application. I would prefer not to get into a contract. 45days only...i thought it was 4 times in a year so it would have to last for 3 months at least. At least, that is how it is in other cities.

Bad news--the lizards are coming in to eat the insects. Probably why you don't see any insects.
    Not sure why they would warranty the work for 90 days if they also admitted you would need a re-application every 90 days. The stuff must wear off sometime before the 90 day period is up.