Moving to Lantau Is - need more info??

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

There's a quick ferry into Central (and not sure if I recall .. a ferry into TST etc)

DB to Central - by ferry, takes about 30 min
    DB to Tung Chung - by bus takes about 20min from plaza, 10 min from Siena
    DB to Airport - by bus, takes about 30min from plaza
    DB to Hong Hom - 2 buses in the morning, two buses in the early evening (via TST) takes about 55min
    The ferry to TST East does not go from DB, it is operated by DB Transport and leaves from Queens Pier in Central

Smile Discovery Bay Travel

Hi there,

I notice you live in Discovery Bay. I am looking at coming over to live in HK soon for work from Australia and Discovery Bay sounds nice for my family (wife and 4yr old daughter). My work will be in Hung Hom ( Kowloon), will it be easy to get there daily at different times using the buses ? Is an hour time wise a reasonable estimation for travelling?

Thanks in anticipation

Quote Originally Posted by elle:
    DB to Central - by ferry, takes about 30 min
    DB to Tung Chung - by bus takes about 20min from plaza, 10 min from Siena
    DB to Airport - by bus, takes about 30min from plaza
    DB to Hong Hom - 2 buses in the morning, two buses in the early evening (via TST) takes about 55min
    The ferry to TST East does not go from DB, it is operated by DB Transport and leaves from Queens Pier in Central

It won't be easy going there to Hung Hom at different times using the buses - there are really only 2 buses in the morning and two in the evening. The other option would be: ferry to Central and then to use any of the tunnel busus (Cross Harbour Tunnel) to Hung Hom or ferry to Central => MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui => KCR to Hung Hom (after a lengthy walk from TST to TST East station) or to check whether there is any bus going from Tung Chung to Hung Hom. There will be a bus from DB to Sunny Bay after Disney opens - that might shorten the traveling time a bit.

Question Bus Service --- DB to Sunny Bay

Does anyone know when the bus service frrom DB to Sunny Bay will start? I noticed this morning that the MTR station in Sunny Bay is now open for service.

discovery bay? no way! why move to hk if you wanna live in disco bay? go back to your home then. disco bay is just artificial, fake, stupid place to live!

Quote Originally Posted by dooman:
    discovery bay? no way! why move to hk if you wanna live in disco bay? go back to your home then. disco bay is just artificial, fake, stupid place to live!
    Yes, yes, but what do you like about it?

Quote Originally Posted by ralmas:
    Hi there,

I notice you live in Discovery Bay. I am looking at coming over to live in HK soon for work from Australia and Discovery Bay sounds nice for my family (wife and 4yr old daughter). My work will be in Hung Hom ( Kowloon), will it be easy to get there daily at different times using the buses ? Is an hour time wise a reasonable estimation for travelling?

Thanks in anticipation
    You'd have to really want to live in DB to be prepared to face the faff that would be the commute to Hung Hom! I would guess you will be an hour and 45 minutes or more, door to door,,

Walk to bus stop.
    Catch bus to ferry.
    Catch ferry to Central.
    Catch a bus over to Kowloon?
    No...

Please remember to factor in travelling to the ferry or bus stop and travelling to/from your place of work to the bus/MTR whatever.

I see so many people on here saying things like 'oh the Westrail from Yuen Long only takes 40 minutes to get to Hung Hom'. Yeah well, if you live in YL MTR station and work in Hung Hom MTR station you could think like this!!! You must factor in getting to the transport in the heat and smog.
    Last edited by bryant.english; 22-04-2011 at 09:19 PM.

lived in db for 6+ years and loved it...but would NOT want to commute to hung hom...

although, i think you could ferry to central and then star ferry to hung hom.... but that would depend on where in hung hom you lived.

The ferries from Hung Hom to Central and Wan Chai were supposed to be suspended since 1st April. At least thats what I read when I went by the ferry last month. Did they actually stop?? Have they started again?? No idea.