Moving to Lantau Is - need more info??

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Ohh and to go to DB from Hung Hom you can either take 115 to central ferry pier and ferry to DB or take E23 to Tung Chung walk around 10 mins take bus to DB. That also depends where in Hung Hom your work is. Both of the above are from Whampoa Garden. So if you are away from this area you will also have to consider the time you will take to get to Whampoa Garden.

ferries ARE suspended indefinitely.

oh, sorry! i had no idea! thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    Yes, yes, but what do you like about it?
    I don't like it, man
    I have been there few times just to visit friends. Oh my god what a stupid place. Full with Stepford wives, people paying 8k a month for a stupid golfcart to travel that 500 meters from home to supermarket.
    I have a friend, who lived in D-Bay 20 years ago. When there was no road to there, just the ferry. Those times were good, he said. Later a smart business man comes to the idea to develop it and made a fortune out of that fake world.
    You want nature? There are better places in HK. Want convenience? Also better ones.
    But anyway, everyone has a different taste.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    Yes, yes, but what do you like about it?
    I like the long line of golf carts outside the school to pick up the kids. All electric. Much better sight than a long line of MBs and Alphards clogging up the road with engines running outside other rich schools.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidTC:
    I like the long line of golf carts outside the school to pick up the kids. All electric. Much better sight than a long line of MBs and Alphards clogging up the road with engines running outside other rich schools.
    I didn't expect they are electric because they make horribly loud noise.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidTC:
    Much better sight than a long line of MBs

Mountain bikes?

Really good news... the new North Lantau Hospital should be completed by the end of 2012.

Yeah that's fantastic news.....really, really good...wow!

Quote Originally Posted by southlantau:
    Really good news... the new North Lantau Hospital should be completed by the end of 2012.
    said so...gues it won't take too long, coz I saw the construction workers work on every Sat and Sunday for whole day in recent months. Thanks to their hardwork!