Like Tree7Likes

Worried about not finding employment

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Worried about not finding employment

Hi there all.

Im BBC from the UK and decided that I want to move to HK permanently.

I have a place to live and hold the right to work however i am just finding it impossible to find any jobs.

The problem is that I have no solid qualifications (a degree) however have over 8 years experience in private banking and relationship management working for Coutts

Its my dream to find a career in HK.....

Is it's it's likely to stay a dream??? Can anyone help? Give me any ideas or guidance?

Thanks

If it's your dream you will find a way. If you have the right to live and work here then that's half the battle.

chris_yang22 likes this.

Cue deargiant to tell you that your dream is a nightmare

Is it really who you know and not what you know?

I

Why not get an internal transfer to Coutts in Hong Kong?

Quote Originally Posted by Scottietse:
    Hi there all.

I have a place to live and hold the right to work however i am just finding it impossible to find any jobs.

The problem is that I have no solid qualifications (a degree) however have over 8 years experience in private banking and relationship management working for Coutts

Is it's it's likely to stay a dream??? Can anyone help? Give me any ideas or guidance?

Thanks
    Some banks are recuriting Private Bankers quite regulalry those days.
    Keep looking AND mingling with the right crowd (attend events...)

Network. network and network. You even need to Ask if it's who rather than what you know?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks Mobile

I'm sure any of the Independent Financial Advisor shysters would take you in a flash. There is no shortage of such companies here. Expect to be largely on commission though... (and to have no friends except other IFAs)

dear giant and bryant.english like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottietse:
    Hi there all.

Thanks

Moving country seems like a great idea but you lost you're network, contacts, and clients. Think of it from the point of view of the bank - they will be wondering how many new clients and business could you bring / develop? As others have said you need to network, build up your contacts. If could bring with you wealthy clients somebody would be interested (........and yes to some extent it is always who you know).

my 2 cents

Two things...
    1) from afar it is always an uphill challenge to land a job offer. While not always practical, it is certainly much more likely to land something when you can interview in person.

2) PB in the region is much more heavily prevalent in Singapore.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast