Like Tree52Likes

What is your favorite spot in Hong Kong?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

My boat. Sunset Peak. Pak Sin Leng. The skypool near Tai O. The waterfalls in the Ping Nam stream trek. The beaches on South Lantau. The view from the top of Castle Peak on a clear day. (actually, the view from the top of any high hill on a clear day!). Jardines Lookout on a clear night. Most markets. Most computer malls. The view from the top deck of a 962 travelling towards Tuen Mun around sunset.

Watercooler likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    The view from the top deck of a 962 travelling towards Tuen Mun around sunset.
    What a horrible place to be. A bus going ever so slowly towards the shoddily built place called Gold Coast.

Do you know why you can see the sunset? Its because there are not enough buildings around to block your view. Surely you must know why. Its cheap and there is a reason for it. If it was nice and expensive your view would be blocked by now. Come and live in Pacific Place, the ideal spot for all especially families, then you'd know what a horrible hole TuenMun and especially Gold Coast is.
    PS: Pacific Place has the best supermarket in town. GREAT : where you can buy a bulb of garlic for $30 (no, I'm not joking with that one) while you have to walk for miles to get to a dinky Jason's.

Last edited by HowardCoombs; 14-08-2012 at 01:07 PM.

My favorite spot. The sea, particularly around Sai Kung. The islands, the caves, the waterfalls, the beaches, the rock formations, just the sheer beauty never bores me and we get out on the boat as often as we can. Second would be my house which is just 20M away from the sea! Again stunning views and a good quality of life.

Chi Ma Wan peninsula on Lantau. Tai Long Wan beach there is wonderful and always empty. Can see Macau on a clear day from parts of the hiking trail. And run into the odd water buffalo from time to time.

Tai Long Wan!!!

Which one? There are at least 4 Tai Long Wans.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using GeoClicks Mobile

Tsk tsk PDLM, there are no plurals in Chinese, so you must say 4 Tai Long Wan

chingleutsch likes this.

Any sidewalk in Causeway Bay

Quote Originally Posted by GeoDerek:
    Any sidewalk in Causeway Bay
    Favourite?
    dear giant likes this.

There are some clues as to which Tai Long Wan in the post

"Chi Ma Wan peninsula on Lantau. Tai Long Wan beach there is wonderful and always empty"

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast