airport customs and CD-Rs

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

airport customs and CD-Rs

what happens when airport customs finds CD-Rs of MP3 music. is there a penalty or do they only look at pirate copies of movies?

Penalty for what? You ripped them from your own personal collection, right?

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

try not to look shifty or guilty and most importantly do not stumble as you negotiate customs, and you should live to tell the tale.

yes they are all ripped from my personal collection.

besides, most of the CD-Rs are back ups of data and photos. i`m sure no officier will go through my whole collection checking each file.

Last edited by thetokyoproject; 06-11-2004 at 05:15 PM.

I would say there's no reason to worry - unless that is, you have got all your luggage filled with '000's of CD's!

hehe... i returnrd to the uk with over four kilos of dvd's with a little person collection of mp3's. dunno howmany tracks... lost count. AvP just been released here! like WTF?

What customs are we talking about? US? UK? HK? I haven't been stopped in about 40 visits or so. The only people that actually ever search me at the airport have been the Russians, but they are sort of in that habit of searching people.

How about getting busted with bogus copies of XP, Photoshop and the like at HK customs? Like about 50 CD? Any danger there?

Clearly there is some risk - you are a criminal so you have to accept that.

(And the penalty can be up to 4 years in prison, by the way, Cap 528, s.119)

Last edited by berryplucker; 18-11-2004 at 09:52 AM.

so how do most ppl 'transfer' their pirated CDs back to their home country?

i've heard some people mail them back but what are the procedures to follow to not get caught/arrested?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast