A good place to live in HK

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Local living
    I will move to Hong Kong in September and would like to rent a small apartment(1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, kitchen) in Pok Fu Lam or around, no expat standard needed, local living prefered, budget 4000 HK Dollar. Is it to realize in HK? Looking forward to your kind reply and some good advice.

I believe rents have gone up in last 1/2 yr or so, you'd be better off budgeting 5k to be safer. Pokfulam may not have what you are looking for, try (close by) Kennedy Town or Western, or Sheung Wan maybe.

think i have to agree with berrypucker - there is no language problem midlevels and south side in general are pretty expensive living. check out happy valley probably. pokfulam? all depends on the budget. thing is other places such as mongkok arent really 'removed from the city.'

Quote Originally Posted by albatross:
    I'm moving to HK from San Francisco within the next couple of months for a 2 year assignment. I'll be going to HK in 2 weeks to check out the place and figure out where I'd like to live. I'd like to find a place that's quiet and a bit removed from the city. I'll be working in Central and could handle upto 30 minutes of commute. I'd appreciate any suggestions
    There is a share apartment available at present
    - very grand with Chinese antiques and magnificent
    garden.
    Central by bus about 15-20 mins. Very quiet - no
    traffic noise or other apartment noises.

Are you intersted in sharing? $6500-$7000 helper
    and meals cooked extra.

Why not try the new territories?

why not? i'm guessing that because this thread is from 2005 and the guy was here for a 2 yr contract, he's not living in hk anymore...