Indonesian Maid

Closed Thread

Question Indonesian Maid

Hi,

Anyone know what is the average rate that an Indonesian maid gets paid in HK? Is there a legal minimum amount?

Thanks

The minimum wage for all Domestic Helpers in HK is $3270. However, have heard that some Indonesian helpers are paid below min wage and this is against the law.

Rani

Actually most Indonesians workers take home less than the legal minimum, thanks to the nexus that involves the Indonesian Embassy, Immigration Department and the agencies.

However, I would not recommend you even attempt paying less than the minimum. You're opening yourself to some serious blackmail from people you really don't want to piss off.

hi,
    would like to ask, if i wanna bring my maid from malaysia to hk, what is the procedure?

tq

Either your maid is Indonesian or Philippines; you need to go true an agent for the processing the direct hired helpers. Both Consulates required an agent for submitting document for the authentication before processing to Immigration department.

Hi, the minimum wage has revised to HK$3,580 from July 2008 - see extract from HK labour govt website.

For standard employment
    contracts made on or after 10 July 2008, the applicable MAW is
    HK$3,580 per month.

hi,

this is contract made in hk right?, but my case, my maid been working with us quite long ago already n no contract within us. so have to follow HK labour govt?

Quote Originally Posted by Janavia:
    hi,

this is contract made in hk right?, but my case, my maid been working with us quite long ago already n no contract within us. so have to follow HK labour govt?
    Yes or else she won't be able to get a visa.

Hi janavia,

It is NOT necessary to go through an agent for getting her visa done.
    I got my maid from india.Just fill in the necessary form(pick them at the immigration dept) and submit it.It's very very easy and will cost you only 160 HKD.Also before subminting , you need to get her signatures on the contract(part of the forms) and get it attested in the malaysian embassy or whatever and then submit it along witht the forms.

To Priyapravin,

You need to know that Janavia helper is Indonesian, so she is not going to Malaysian embassy for authentication documents, but she must go to Indonesian embassy for her helper authentications document.

India and Indonesian consulate is different. It is not about just filling the form and Hong Kong immigration for just paying HK$160. But it’s about authentication documents for the consulate before submitting document to Immigration department. For India consulate it’s easy, recently I spoke to one of the Indian consulate officer and said they made it easy cause they wanted to help there country to get the job abroad. But so far not much Indian helpers here in Hong Kong though.

Last edited by Kristin1211; 25-06-2009 at 04:41 PM.