Visa confusion!

Closed Thread

Visa confusion!

I have been reading several sites including this one and I am getting mixed messages about geting visa's at the Shenzhen border. I read that US and Filipino citizens need to get visa's ahead of time. Does this apply for people holding Canadian or Thai passports?

Filipinos don't and have never to my knowledge needed visas ahead of time. I believe only the UK and USA ever have. Canadians and Thais are fine.

china visa

why confused when u can actually check out the china embassy who can definitely give you correct answer.

China Travel Service (H.K.) Limited

Er, China Travel Service is a commercial organisation, not the Chinese Embassy!

The Chinese representative office in Hong Kong (no embassy since we are in China) is: Address/Office hours/Enquiry service

visa confusion

there are info fm the travel service which provides the china embassy contact in canada.

actually that is contact info for CTS in Canada, but still useful for Canadians at home

embassy/consulate general details are here

Visa Application - China National Tourist Office, Toronto, Canada

Last edited by timklip; 23-02-2008 at 04:37 PM.

Thanks to all. I am still deciding if I should stay in HK and do a day trip or just go straight to Shenzhen for 2 days then stay in Hk for a day before moving on. Any recommendations?

I think it is better to do the day trip. Buy all needed and massage in a day. Spend the rest of the time on Hong Kong's sites and markets.

Thanks
    Do you have a mid range hotel you can recommend in HKG?