Like Tree211Likes

Little things we like about Hong Kong

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast

Those streetside hot waffles with "the lot "margarine ,condensed milk and peanut paste are brilliant too

Quote Originally Posted by bibbju:
    Apart from the damn Post Office in DB which closes at 5pm!!!

Are you going to some country bumpkin style gyms in England JJ? All the gyms I've been a member of closed between 10pm and 11pm. And unlike HK, they opened early in the morning (5.30am-6am).
    It closed at 10 on weekdays, 8 on weekends. Esporta gym in Leeds city centre. Plus the gyms I've been to in HK open at 6, you country bumpkin! :P

Sent from my SGP511 using GeoClicks mobile app
    Watercooler likes this.

Looking out the window and seeing mountains.
    I'd include hiking and running on those mountains, but i consider that a big thing, not a little thing.

i'd also include the large number of public restrooms, all tolerable, some quite nice.

[Watercooler] They are not mountains, they are hills. Of course, in the past, some mountains have been called hills, and some hills have been called mountains. It all depends on the historical perspective at the time. But please provide documentary proof that what you can see from your window are actually mountains. [/Watercooler]

kimwy66 and elle like this.

did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    It closed at 10 on weekdays, 8 on weekends. Esporta gym in Leeds city centre. Plus the gyms I've been to in HK open at 6, you country bumpkin! :P

Sent from my SGP511 using GeoClicks mobile app
    Ah Leeds. That explains EVERYTHING!!! :-)

I'm proud to be a country girl. Country or city, I'll whip your ass in either....or both. :-P

Both Pure and Fitness First branches I've tried in HK didn't open until 7am. Admittedly that was 2 years ago so maybe they've got with the plan. Or released they can leech a bit more money out of people if they open earlier. ;-)

Yep Pure is open 6am til midnight these days. I would never go for a 6am gym session though - More of a late nighter than an early morning person myself. Sometimes I end up getting the 11:30pm ferry, so I stay til 11:15ish.

Which brings us back nicely to the topic of beer on a ferry. Hooray for Hong Kong.

Back on topic: drinks
    I particularly like that I've got choices when it comes to drinkies for the ferry after work. The Beer Bay sell Tahuna Sauvignon Blanc, the other place(next to Uncle Russ) sells Tinpot Hut

Watercooler likes this.

I like table service in bars. If any of you been to a wetherspoons in the UK and spent 30 mins waiting to get served at bar, you'll know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Yep Pure is open 6am til midnight these days. I would never go for a 6am gym session though - More of a late nighter than an early morning person myself. Sometimes I end up getting the 11:30pm ferry, so I stay til 11:15ish.

Which brings us back nicely to the topic of beer on a ferry. Hooray for Hong Kong.
    Ah yes! I'm currently sitting on the open upper deck of the ferry back to DB enjoying a lovely pint of icy Magners. Expat scrum for the seats outside this time!
    Watercooler likes this.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast