Like Tree211Likes

Little things we like about Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast

I've just put the pool up in my front yard so the kids and the dog are happy = wife happy = me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    How about typhoons?
    That all depends on whether we are talking about those that are typically experienced in Philippines, Taiwan and even the mainland or those we get here akin to a blustery UK Autumn day

Sorry WC , couldn't resist that one !

I'm still very much in love with all that is HK this morning and that's after the MTR fun and games. Compared to the central line it's a breeze here (a lovely icy one if you stand in the right place)

Little things I like about Hong Kong:

1. I had a flight at 9.25am, I got to the airport at 9am, ran to the gate and made it!

2. I went to apply for a HK passport at Immigration Tower, I entered my details into a friendly robot in less than 10 minutes and they mailed me my passport within a week!

Only in HK

emx and R.O. like this.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinator:

2. I went to apply for a HK passport at Immigration Tower, I entered my details into a friendly robot in less than 10 minutes and they mailed me my passport within a week!

Only in HK
    This.

Absolutely fantastic, no need to deal with any probing questions or questioning looks. Just painless.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    This.

Absolutely fantastic, no need to deal with any probing questions or questioning looks. Just painless.
    I am assuming this is for renewals only, not new applications?

Does the self-service kiosk take its own photographs or you submitted them separately?
    Last edited by emx; 09-06-2014 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    I am assuming this is for renewals only, not new applications?

Does the self-service kiosk take its own photographs or you submitted them separately?
    It was a new application. I think I scanned in a passport photo ... didn't take it for me.
    wtbhotia likes this.

Good to know.

Last edited by emx; 10-06-2014 at 12:54 AM.

Being able to buy rich people's hardly used expensive cast-offs for next to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinator:
    Little things I like about Hong Kong:

1. I had a flight at 9.25am, I got to the airport at 9am, ran to the gate and made it!

Only in HK
    Is an HK passport and ID card the same?

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Quote Originally Posted by RuthinHK:
    Is an HK passport and ID card the same?

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks
    No.

An hk passport makes you a Chinese citizen. An id card just means you're living in hk. Anyone living here is eligible for the latter. The former is much harder to get (unless you're Chinese).

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast